Forcing the client to display a screen script error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forcing the client to display a screen script error

So I was testing a script to force display of a "emergency screen" when my water sensor in the basement went off.

And I was getting an error "...Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.-{0x3E}..." after the script executed.

So I gutted it and left only the hardcoded client action which executes but is so damn slow to pull up the screen (10-20s).

Issues:
    • Slow... (I think I saw a resolution to this in a post somewhere but I cannot find it for the life of me now...
    • And what's with the error???

Scripts Code:
    PHP Code:
    Sub Main(Parm As Object

hs.PluginFunction("HSTouch Server""""ClientAction", {60,"TestPad:Lee's House","Emergency",""})
    End Sub 
    Log File Displays:
    PHP Code:
    Jul-15 11:21:57 PM         HSTouch Server Debug    11:21:27:8243 Client action to single client from SINGLECLIENTACTION|Screen_Show_Only|Emergency|{0x2}   
    Jul-15 11:21:57 PM         Error 3    Running script Test.vb :Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.-{0x3E}Does entry point Main exist in scriptat System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo methodObject targetObject[] argumentsSignatureStructsigMethodAttributes methodAttributesRuntimeType typeOwnerat System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo methodObject targetObject[] argumentsSignature sigMethodAttributes methodAttributesRuntimeType typeOwnerat System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object objBindingFlags invokeAttrBinder binderObject[] parametersCultureInfo cultureBoolean skipVisibilityChecksat System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object objBindingFlags invokeAttrBinder binderObject[] parametersCultureInfo cultureat A.c17b105f989efe61e5979e67bec1ef734.cffd66cb0782c50126727e3fa75582d7a()   
    Jul-15 11:21:26 PM         HSTouch Server Debug    11:21:26:3400 Running scriptTest.vb   
    Jul
    -15 11:21:26 PM         HSTouch Server Debug    11:21:26:3243 Client command: (TestPad:Lee's House) RUNSCRIPT 

What version of the HS Touch Server are you running? Is the screen on a Windows client?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Versions

HSTouch 3.0.8
      HS3 3.0.0.96
      HS iPhone App 2.15
      HS iPad App ... kids got it right now on the otherside of the house but same problem in HSTouch Designer and iPad and iPhone.

Sorry just heading out the door to work.

Comment

I would just use a HomeSeer event to display the screen you want when the water sensor detected water. Just choose HSTouch Client Actions and provide the screen name. It's pretty quick.
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

That might work initially, I'll test it tonight.

But I was hoping to use the concept to also change screens displayed. For a number of possible uses (change screens depending on season... etc)

ie:
          Water Sensor detects water:

Check all connected clients and update their screen (force to status screen with red background for alert) Set a flag so we don't reset the screens again for this event.

Then on the clients:

Any button click on the HSTouch device that changes a screen (iPad, PC, etc) such as changing to screen "scrnMain" displays instead "scrnMainRed" when the event is active (in this case while the water sensor is triggered).

Comment

Originally posted by LCrawfo View Post
            That might work initially, I'll test it tonight.

But I was hoping to use the concept to also change screens displayed. For a number of possible uses (change screens depending on season... etc)

ie:
            Water Sensor detects water:

Check all connected clients and update their screen (force to status screen with red background for alert) Set a flag so we don't reset the screens again for this event.

Then on the clients:

Any button click on the HSTouch device that changes a screen (iPad, PC, etc) such as changing to screen "scrnMain" displays instead "scrnMainRed" when the event is active (in this case while the water sensor is triggered).

I do this with events too. For example, at the top of the hour, I display the calendar. 20 mins later, display the weather, etc. The family like the screens cycled through.

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk
            HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
            54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
            Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Working...
            X