Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import from JSON

Hi Guys,

OK, leaching for information here. I've been given API access to a website that provides river levels information. They have told be it uses JSON (which I've never heard of) and all I know is some basic vb.

So, where does one get started? They sent me a help page, but to be honest it doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

http://riverlevelsapi.shoothill.com/Help

Willing to learn, but having spend the good part of 4 hours messing with code examples etc, I've not got anywhere. It appears I need to authenticate with an API key, which I have, but not even sure how to get started on that.

Any pointers much appreciated

I'm guessing here but I think that it needs the POST to the authorisation page first (ApiLogin) which you then provide the API key to. I think that once you are successful then you can do the GET requests but it is a bit vague as to is this on a timeout basis or is it once you are logged in then everything after that is fine. It is a bit like there is a document missing about the API if you ask me, did they tell you anything else about or give you any other links?
    My Plugins:

Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
    Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

Comment

As mrhappy says it's not clear whether you have a limited time to send the requests once you've authenticated. Most of these interfaces provide a session I'd after login that you the use in future requests.

The login request needs to send a json string, are you getting that far? Can you send your login json string and get a response back at least?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
      Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

thanks for the replies.

Not been able to get anything so far.. I thought I was missing something

I've sent them an email asking for more info

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X