Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I trigger a z-wave scene from a script?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I trigger a z-wave scene from a script?

Hi

Hopefully this is a simple question but I don't seem to be able to find the answer

I would like to trigger a z-wave scene from a script, can this be done using a capi command?

Thanks

-Mark

Originally posted by Reefie View Post
    Hi

Hopefully this is a simple question but I don't seem to be able to find the answer

I would like to trigger a z-wave scene from a script, can this be done using a capi command?

Thanks

-Mark
    I don't know the answer as to whether the Z-Wave plugin allows you to do this (I don't myself worry about scenes and I don't believe there is a public list of functions for the plugin) but you may be just as easy to have an event which triggered the scene and then in a script you can trigger the event using hs.triggerevent.

Comment

Hi Mark,

The easiest would be to create an event to trigger the scene and then from the script, execute the event. HST has never been good about publishing their plugin's scripting calls, so even though it may be technically possible to call a function within the z-wave plugin direct from a script that does this, there's no documentation available that I know off that shows how it should be called.

Cheers
      Al
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll give the event a go for now.
        If anyone does know if this could be done directly from a script, I would still be interested [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X