Restart Z-Wave Plug-In via API call?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restart Z-Wave Plug-In via API call?

I'm sure there is documentation on how to do this, but I cannot seem to find it. I know the function has to exist; HomeSeer obviously does it.

I have noticed that, in my Linux-based HS3 system, the Z-Wave / AEON Z-Stick S2 environment, the Z-Wave plug-in (x.48 beta, as well as earlier versions) tends to hang up once a day or so. It's easy to detect, and I have an event that restarts the HS3 app when this happens, problem solved. But it's a sledgehammer-to-swat-a-fly approach.

I would much rather just disable and re-enable the plug-in, which (I have one it from the control panel) also resolves the issue. But I cannot find an API to do this. Am I blind, or is it just not externalized?

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Jon00 has a script on the board somewhere that allows you to write an event to stop and start a plugin. You can then poke that event via the JSON interface. I am not at my desk right now so can't look up the details, but you should be able to find it in his section of the board.
    cheeryfool

Comment

Thanks much! I knew somebody had to have created one, I'm downloading it now.

And it installs quickly on Linux HS3, works exactly as expected / documented. A big thanks to Jon for making this functionality available!!!!!
      Last edited by chapmangeo; December 8, 2015, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chapmangeo View Post
        I'm sure there is documentation on how to do this, but I cannot seem to find it. I know the function has to exist; HomeSeer obviously does it.

I have noticed that, in my Linux-based HS3 system, the Z-Wave / AEON Z-Stick S2 environment, the Z-Wave plug-in (x.48 beta, as well as earlier versions) tends to hang up once a day or so. It's easy to detect, and I have an event that restarts the HS3 app when this happens, problem solved. But it's a sledgehammer-to-swat-a-fly approach.

I would much rather just disable and re-enable the plug-in, which (I have one it from the control panel) also resolves the issue. But I cannot find an API to do this. Am I blind, or is it just not externalized?

Any help gratefully appreciated.
        What's the method you're using to detect the z wave plugin hanging?
        Tom
        baby steps...starting again with HS3
        HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
        HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
        Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
        In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
        System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
          What's the method you're using to detect the z wave plugin hanging?
          I have an event configured to detect the Z-Wave error in the log using an UltraLog3 event trigger. Note that this error actually means that the transmit queue has been hung for 20 seconds...

"IF HomeSeer Log Message Contains Z-Wave API Transmit Queue is not empty", which detects the following log message:

Error,​ the Z-Wave API Transmit Queue is not empty after waiting 20 seconds - the interface may be disconnected or not operational

Comment

Working...
          X