Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Combine' multiple virtual devices to one single device

Hi,

For my front gate I have 2 virtual devices which are controlled/read by the rPI.

Relay: Open/Closed (read by rPI and then sets the GPIO)

I want one device (maybe the status device) which has 2 states: "Open" and "Closed". The states should not be 'settable' via the webUI (so no buttons). The buttons will be replaced with "Open" and "Close" buttons, which execute a script.

How can this be done ?

Or can I create a new virtual device which can subscribe to the changed event of the 'status' device ?

You can add buttons to existing devices for running scripts using the hs.DeviceScriptButton_AddButton command.

Example: http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...72&postcount=8
    Jon

Comment

'Combine' multiple virtual devices to one single device

Essentially you need a notifications device( status) and control device( open/close). You could use jon00 device groping tool to make it look joined, but I think you would still have to have two different devices. I could be wrong but I'm just thinking about how z-wave devices are set up. That have control and verified status.

Also what kind of gate opener do you have, most gate openers have a "ion-close-cycle" contact. I use this connected to z-wave contact closure switch.

Sent from my iPhone
      Tom
      baby steps...starting again with HS3
      HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
      HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
      Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
      In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
      System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

What do you mean with a "ion-close-cycle" contact ?

My gate is equiped with a Came ZF2 controller.

With HS2 you had "hidden" values (which started with a '), this would be the solution to my problem here I guess ...

Comment

sorry that what I get for typing on an iphone.
          I should say "open close cycle" Gate opens, waits 2-8mins(user settable), then it closes. Z-wave contact closure closes the connection of the gate terminals, and the gate opens, then after X mins it closes.

Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
          What do you mean with a "ion-close-cycle" contact ?

My gate is equiped with a Came ZF2 controller.

With HS2 you had "hidden" values (which started with a '), this would be the solution to my problem here I guess ...
          Tom
          baby steps...starting again with HS3
          HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
          HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
          Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
          In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
          System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

I disabled auto close.

I ran a UTP cable to the gate and connected it to the circuit board. Now it notifies me when the gate is open and I am also able to short circuit the dry contacts to open/close the gate.

Comment

And how do I remove the 'status' buttons and still be able to set the device via JSON ?

Comment

Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
                And how do I remove the 'status' buttons and still be able to set the device via JSON ?
                You are in a bit of a grey area because all of the JSON commands are to control a device, with the status pairs being set to status then it cannot be controlled and it needs to be set by setting the device value. There is no published JSON set value command, either set the value in an event and trigger the event by the JSON API or write your own web page that will set the value for you and then call this page.

Comment

Working...
                X