Help Identifying Part of this Script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Identifying Part of this Script

I found this script on the forum(old thread), the script has been updated for HS3, but I don't understand part of it.

Please look at image below.
    1. I believe is the Device Name
    2. Device Code
    3. I believe this say if OfficeTestDoor is open, then speak "Warning, the Office Test Device has tripped!"
    4. What does this say or mean. Why is this needed?

Any ideas helping me gain better understanding of it ?
    Attached Files
    Tom
    baby steps...starting again with HS3
    HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
    HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
    Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
    In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
    System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
    I found this script on the forum(old thread), the script has been updated for HS3, but I don't understand part of it.

Please look at image below.
    1. I believe is the Device Name This is a variable and it can really be anything you want but it helps if the variable is named something you can remember. It will be set to True if the device code is on
    2. Device Code Correct
    3. I believe this say if OfficeTestDoor is open, then speak "Warning, the Office Test Device has tripped!" Correct
    4. What does this say or mean. Why is this needed? The true is "Description: If set to TRUE, the function will not return until the system finishes speaking. This is useful if you are switching between speaking and listening. You cannot listen and speak at the same time on some systems. If this parameter is missing, the system will not wait."
    The other parameters are the speaker clients you want to send the speech to.

Any ideas helping me gain better understanding of it ?
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Rupp beat me to it.
      --
      Jeff Farmer
      HS 3, HSPhone
      My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
      Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Thank you both!
        Exciting when you start understanding what at first looks like gibberish.
        Tom
        baby steps...starting again with HS3
        HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
        HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
        Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
        In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
        System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Working...
        X