Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get Image through JSON

Team,

Because of the horrible SSL/TLS issues I cannot access my HS from the internet. Therefore I have to use connected.homeseer.com and JSON.

This works for device values, run events, etc.

Goal: I want to upload an image (jon00 chart) from my Homeseer HTML folder. For my application I need to provide a URL

As direct access to my HS server is not possible,
    Q: could this be done via connected.homeseer.com & JSON?

I have read through the unreadable SDK document but did not find anything to access images.

What is connected.homeseer.com? Why can't you use https://myhs.homeseer.com/ to connect to your HS server?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      What is connected.homeseer.com? Why can't you use https://myhs.homeseer.com/ to connect to your HS server?
      Connected.homeseer.com is the external address for the JSON interface.

And in response to the original question, I don't imagine you can on the allowed functions and can't think of a way to achieve anything to do what you want. What are the limitations of your connection?

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
        Connected.homeseer.com is the external address for the JSON interface.

And in response to the original question, I don't imagine you can on the allowed functions and can't think of a way to achieve anything to do what you want. What are the limitations of your connection?
        Note that I'm talking about Homeseer access from a script.

Limitations:
        - with HS2 I was able to access my home HS server directly via my static IP, with NAT, etc. This allowed me to access image files etc.
        - with HS3 I cannot setup a secure session to my home system anymore (think it's because of a TLS negotiation issue, causing SSLv3 to be used with is not supported by browsers) - bugzilla 3024.

Therefore I started to use myhs and this really works for my JSON commands.
        To access other files on my HS server there's no way to do that remotely.

Tested: login via myhs: now I can access image files under the HS3/html/images folder.

However: this requires me to login and I cannot put my credentials in the URL.. (right?)
        Last edited by DJF3; January 25, 2016, 04:50 AM.

Comment

DFJ3 - you can put creds in the URL, but use HTTPS.

Any clue what to do with the image reply from JSON? How does one show it?

Comment

Working...
          X