HELP! "Unable to find assembly"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! "Unable to find assembly"

I have an script that runs in an aspx page. In it I call the api to get the device enumeration so I can iterate through all devices and get names and other info about them. This works fine unless a plug in like Global Cache or Ocelot is installed. In those cases the call errors out with a message like this:

Unable to find assembly 'HSPI_OCELOT'

I have no idea how to fix this. How does one make these plugins accessible from an aspx page? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Which version of HS is this for and are you able to share the ASPX code you are using?

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
      Which version of HS is this for and are you able to share the ASPX code you are using?
      Thank you for replying.

Latest HS3 release version (208)

The full script is available here. It's in C#.
      http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1213711

The line in that appears to cause the error is:

Scheduler.Classes.clsDeviceEnumeration devices = (Scheduler.Classes.clsDeviceEnumeration)hs.GetDeviceEnumerat or();

Comment

Someone using my script who had this issue reported they fixed it by moving the plugin's exe file under the HS bin directory. I'll have to see if this solves the issue for other users with the problem, but it looks like my answer might be that simple.

Comment

I'm seeing the same thing with the ASPX when I have the Homeseer GCIR plugin enabled. This looks like a Homeseer bug rather than a script bug. I would expect GetDeviceEnumerator() to succeed. I've tried copying HSPI_GCIR to bin, and also to bin\HSPI_GCIR\HSPI_GCIR.exe with no success. Procmon shows a bunch of access too under c:\windows\assembly\GAC_64, GAC_32, GAC_MSIL\HSPI_GCIR, none of which exist. I don't think it's looking for an exe there though.

Any ideas? Or just a bad plugin? Disabling the plugin doesn't help. And I don't really want to remove it as I'll lose a bunch of devices and have to re-configure a bunch of events.

Version 3.0.0.280 HS3Pro. HSPI_GCIR v5.0.0.17

[SerializationException: Unable to find assembly 'HSPI_GCIR, Version=5.0.0.17, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.]
          System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessag e(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) +153
          System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) +336
          Scheduler.hsapplication.GetDeviceEnumerator() +0
          ASP.rest_aspx.ListDevices(String deviceType, String orderLogic) +7875
          ASP.rest_aspx.HandleRESTAction(String q_function, String q_functionParam1, String q_functionParam2) +748
          ASP.rest_aspx.Page_Load(Object Sender, EventArgs E) +489
          System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Obje ct sender, EventArgs e) +85
          System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +61
          System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +98
          System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2733

Comment

Working...
          X