HSTouch scripting documentation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSTouch scripting documentation

I have a script in HS2 that cycles through screens on an iPad. It selects different screens and in different sequences depending on whether there is a music selection to display and whether someone has manually chosen a screen out of sequence.

I can only find one thread from 2013 that discusses
    hs.PluginFunction("HSTouch Server", "", "ClientAction",
    and it was not encouraging.

I've looked at the event action, but there does not appear to be a way to load a screen from a device or variable. The screen to be displayed appears to be limited to a an manual entry into the event action. Did I miss something?

Where can I find documentation for HS3Touch scripting functions? Do they work?
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

The HSTouch scripting commands should work in HS3, this is what I do to dim the screen of my android client so it looks as if you just pass the arguments in as an object array.

Code:
    Sub Main(ByVal Parm As Object)

Try

Select Case convert.tostring(Parm).tolower
                Case "dim"
                    hs.writelog("Joggler", "Dim Screen")
                    hs.PluginFunction("HSTouch Server", "", "ClientAction", {89, "Android:Android", ".1", ""})
                Case "bright"
                    hs.writelog("Joggler", "Brighten Screen")
                    hs.PluginFunction("HSTouch Server", "", "ClientAction", {89, "Android:Android", "1", ""})
            End Select

Catch ex As Exception : hs.writelog("Joggler", "Error:  " & ex.Message.ToString)
        End Try

End Sub

Comment

Thanks for the example.
      How is response time?

I assume the function numbers are the same as in HS2, but it would be very helpful if there were a published list somewhere. Anyone have a link?
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
        Thanks for the example.
        How is response time?

I assume the function numbers are the same as in HS2, but it would be very helpful if there were a published list somewhere. Anyone have a link?
        Seems to be fine in terms of response time to me...full list is here http://forums.homeseer.com/showthrea...on#post1040129 but I don't know if anything has changed compared with HS2.

Comment

DOH!

Of course, it's in the Help file for the HSTouch Designer.

Thanks for the link. It does not appear there were any changes from HS2 to HS3.

Comment

Working...
          X