Device Timer Special Conditions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok forgive me if I am in the wrong area of the forum..

Here is what I am trying to script..

I have a Device, that when I turn it on using the button on the module, no matter what time it is, I want it to run till 8pm, then turn off... then at 7am Turn back on until 8pm that following night.. I want it to do that for two full days.. then de-activate and NOT start again Untill I manually hit the ON button on the module..

I cant figure out how to do this..

Fred

BUMP!!! anyone on this???
    PLEASE

Comment

Use timers? That's what I'd probably do as I'm not a clever coder who can think and speak scripts.
      Originally posted by rprade
      There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by thetaz01 View Post
        I have a Device, that when I turn it on using the button on the module, no matter what time it is, I want it to run till 8pm, then turn off... then at 7am Turn back on until 8pm that following night.. I want it to do that for two full days.. then de-activate and NOT start again Untill I manually hit the ON button on the module..
        If I were doing this, I'd do it with a virtual device or counter.

Pressing the button would run an event that turns on your physical device and increments the value of a virtual device or counter.

Another event is scheduled to run at 8pm every day (possibly with the conditions that the virtual device value is in a specified range). That event will turn the physical device off.

A third event is scheduled to run every day at 7am, with the condition that the virtual device or counter value is in a specified range. That event will turn on the physical device and increment the value of the virtual device or counter.

A fourth event can be triggered by the 8pm event with a condition that the virtual device or counter has a value greater than the specified range and reset it to 0.
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
          If I were doing this, I'd do it with a virtual device or counter.

Pressing the button would run an event that turns on your physical device and increments the value of a virtual device or counter.

Another event is scheduled to run at 8pm every day (possibly with the conditions that the virtual device value is in a specified range). That event will turn the physical device off.

A third event is scheduled to run every day at 7am, with the condition that the virtual device or counter value is in a specified range. That event will turn on the physical device and increment the value of the virtual device or counter.

A fourth event can be triggered by the 8pm event with a condition that the virtual device or counter has a value greater than the specified range and reset it to 0.
          UGH, I wrote this while reply and the page times out, so I lost it..

THANKS SO MUCH!! I think im on the right track.. LOL if it works, Ill post what I did for others..
          IF it doesn't, ill post it too.... For help!!

thanks so much
          for pointing me in the right direction

Comment

Unfortunately, it seems my events don't work
            Illl try and copy and paste them here so you can see what I configured, and hopefully help me decipher what I did wrong
            One Counter
            Name Value (Action)
            Reloading Tumbler 0

Initial Triggering event
            Attached Files

Comment

Without looking any further I can tell you that where you have the "Or If"s you need to include the time on those too. Each If is a separate trigger. What you are telling HS currently is if it's 8pm and the value is 1, trigger...or if it's anytime and the value is 2, trigger, etc. Same thing for the 7am event. The first If would trigger at 7am or 8pm, the second and third ifs will trigger anytime.

Comment

Originally posted by rmiles7721 View Post
                Without looking any further I can tell you that where you have the "Or If"s you need to include the time on those too. Each If is a separate trigger. What you are telling HS currently is if it's 8pm and the value is 1, trigger...or if it's anytime and the value is 2, trigger, etc. Same thing for the 7am event. The first If would trigger at 7am or 8pm, the second and third ifs will trigger anytime.
                Ok so I modified as you stated.. and things still around working...

I turned on the event and started the series..
                however it didn't turn off last night, NOR did it turn on this morning..

heres what I have currently
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by thetaz01 View Post
                  Ok so I modified as you stated.. and things still around working...

I turned on the event and started the series..
                  however it didn't turn off last night, NOR did it turn on this morning..

heres what I have currently
                  You need to put the time as the OR IF trigger. The way it is written is the reloading tumbler has to change to 2, 3 or 4 at EXACTLY 8:00 PM. That is almost impossible to happen. If you put the time first it will check if the reloading tumbler is any of the 4 values at 8:00 PM. So the tumbler could change to 3 at 7:30 and at 8:00 the event would run. Both events as currently constructed will run at the morning and evening times if the revolver tumbler value is 1, but not if it is any other value.

I also would recommend rebuilding the event from scratch, because there is a bug in editing OR IF conditions. If you change them it will likely work, but if an OR IF is ever deleted, the event will become corrupted. It would be safe to delete the three OR IFs and three AND IFs beneath them and rebuild from there on. Just remember you can never delete an IF or an OR IF without corrupting the event, unless every other trigger and condition below the one you delete is deleted as well. You will be safe just changing the OR IF triggers to "The time is at 8:00:00 PM", but never delete a trigger when editing an event.

For clarification of IF, AND IF and OR IF, look at this thread.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by randy; May 12, 2016, 01:01 PM.
                  HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Cool puppy....
                    Don

Comment

This some good Edumacation for me.

Fred, what real world application are you using this for?

Sent from my iPhone
                      Tom
                      baby steps...starting again with HS3
                      HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
                      HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
                      Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
                      In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
                      System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Originally posted by donstephens View Post
                        Cool puppy....
                        Thanks. I Won't hijack this thread, but it is our new Border Terrier "Riley" He is 8 weeks and we bring him home in 10 days.

We had a really great Airedale "Bo" and had to put her to sleep early (only 9 years old) on February 1. Bubba (Bo) was a once in a lifetime girl, our third Airedale and we really miss her, but we are hopeful we will be as happy with Riley. Her already has a great personality and has really great parents. Terriers are not for everyone, but we love the energy, intelligence and clownish personality.

Puppy Bo

Adult Bo "Just looking, dad!"

Now back to your regularly scheduled automation discussions...
                        Last edited by randy; May 12, 2016, 03:12 PM.
                        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Very cute Randy. Sorry for your loss. Pets, dogs especially( at least for me), add so much to our lives.

Sent from my iPhone
                          Last edited by TomTom; May 12, 2016, 04:33 PM.
                          Tom
                          baby steps...starting again with HS3
                          HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
                          HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
                          Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
                          In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
                          System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
                            This some good Edumacation for me.

Fred, what real world application are you using this for?

Sent from my iPhone
                            Tom,
                            I have a two rock tumbler's on a module, that I want to be able to put stuff in it...
                            Turn on the module, let it run for three days, BUT NOT over night, since they are loud, and my gf complains about the noise in the middle of the night.. and run for three full days, no matter what time I turn it on the first day...
                            It NOW works AWESOME!!

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                              You need to put the time as the OR IF trigger. The way it is written is the reloading tumbler has to change to 2, 3 or 4 at EXACTLY 8:00 PM. That is almost impossible to happen. If you put the time first it will check if the reloading tumbler is any of the 4 values at 8:00 PM. So the tumbler could change to 3 at 7:30 and at 8:00 the event would run. Both events as currently constructed will run at the morning and evening times if the revolver tumbler value is 1, but not if it is any other value.

I also would recommend rebuilding the event from scratch, because there is a bug in editing OR IF conditions. If you change them it will likely work, but if an OR IF is ever deleted, the event will become corrupted. It would be safe to delete the three OR IFs and three AND IFs beneath them and rebuild from there on. Just remember you can never delete an IF or an OR IF without corrupting the event, unless every other trigger and condition below the one you delete is deleted as well. You will be safe just changing the OR IF triggers to "The time is at 8:00:00 PM", but never delete a trigger when editing an event.

For clarification of IF, AND IF and OR IF, look at this thread.
                              Randy,
                              thanks so much for your help!! that last change did it!! it works like a charm!! just like I need it to...
                              thanks again so much for your assistance..

Fred

Comment

Working...
                              X