Turn On/Off without updating Timestamp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn On/Off without updating Timestamp?

Is it possible to change the status of a device (on/off) without changing the "last changed" timestamp? I have dozens of virtual devices I use as timers (hs.DeviceTime). For example, reminders to change furnace filter, or furnace UV bulbs, etc.

Say a task is performed every 3 weeks. After I do the task, I turn off the virtual device (reminder). From then on, it tells me how long it's been since I last did the task (on HS Touch screens). EG: "Task X last performed: 1.7 weeks ago." After the 3 weeks expire, an Event turns the virtual device (Reminder) to ON, to remind me to do the task again.

The issue is, turning the reminder ON erases the 'last change' timestamp. So instead of showing it was last done, say, 3.4 weeks ago, it now shows it was performed 0.4 weeks ago. This may be obvious for 1 reminder, but with having dozens of them (medication reminders, change furnace filter, clean furnace UV bulbs, change furnace humidifier filter, add water to sump pump battery, etc....) it can get confusing!

Any way to maintain the last changed timestamp when changing the status? I know I could change device string, but with HS Touch, the button reminders/graphics can't update unless the On/Off status/graphic changes.

It's possible using script commands. How are you changing the virtual devices now?

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I'm currently turning them off via an HS Event. What script command are you thinking of? That would be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by CJVann View Post
        I'm currently turning them off via an HS Event. What script command are you thinking of? That would be awesome.
        You can run an immediate script command in your event rather than setting the device to on. Use: &hs.setdevicevaluebyref(1234,100,False)

Replace 1234 with the reference id of your device and 100 with whatever the On value is for your device. The False tells it not to change the timestamp.

Cheers
        Al
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thanks - I had tried that too, but without the "event trigger", HSTouch doesn't update. Looks like there is no easy way to do this then, because if the timestamp doesn't update, neither does HSTouch. I appreciate the feedback!

Comment

Originally posted by CJVann View Post
            Thanks - I had tried that too, but without the "event trigger", HSTouch doesn't update. Looks like there is no easy way to do this then, because if the timestamp doesn't update, neither does HSTouch. I appreciate the feedback!
            Why not create another device for each timer to display in HSTouch? You can change it's status and leave the timers running.
            Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Thanks Mike, I think that's what I'm going to do!

Comment

Working...
              X