Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accessing Z-wave Poll Rates

Hello all,

I'm trying to figure out how to programmatically access the poll rates for all my Z-wave devices. I'd like to first read the current poll rate for all devices on my system and then separately run another script to change them.

Does anyone know if I can access these parameters through JSON? or some other interface. Otherwise I have to try and write something outside of Homeseer to hit certain pages of the web interface the right way.

Thank you kindly.

M

Originally posted by madas View Post
    Hello all,

I'm trying to figure out how to programmatically access the poll rates for all my Z-wave devices. I'd like to first read the current poll rate for all devices on my system and then separately run another script to change them.

Does anyone know if I can access these parameters through JSON? or some other interface. Otherwise I have to try and write something outside of Homeseer to hit certain pages of the web interface the right way.

Thank you kindly.

M
    I don't believe it's possible. However, what you could do is disable all of the polling on your devices and only poll using events.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I'll take a look. I have a lot of devices so I was hoping for some way to automate the settings until I dial it in to where i want to be

Thanks for the info.

Comment

anyway to issue a Z-wave poll from a script?

Comment

I've never seen any info as to whether the polling function is exposed so that it can be called directly through a script. You could create events that are manually triggered and then use a script to call the events. It's a lot of events potentially so kind of an ugly workaround. You could try playing with the z-wave plugin scripting command to see if you can figure out the syntax.

Here's the syntax for setting a z-wave parameter:

hs.PluginFunction("Z-Wave", "", "Configuration_Set", {HomeID, Convert.ToByte(NodeID), Convert.ToByte(ParamNumber), Convert.ToByte(1), Convert.ToInt32(Value)})

Cheers
          Al
          HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
          X