Script to keep deviced connected!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Script to keep deviced connected!

Hi, I've never done scripting and will need your help walking me through the steps please
    The issue is that I have over 100 devices connected to multiple z-nets but sometimes some of the devices are not responding to my calls (mostly light switches) or sometimes it takes up to a minute for them to respond. I have realized that if I optimize or scan devices they become more responsive for a while... Is there a script that can check and update connectivity of the devices to z-net let's say on daily basis so connections will be current and optimized and when I turn a key on/off it will work right away?

You could try turning on Z-Health on the zwave plugin's Controller Management page. It's intended to do a nightly optimize. However, if your network is static (ie. you are not adding or removing/powering off zwave devices), you should not need to do so.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

thanks for the tip. My network is actually static right now. But again, the problem is that some of the devices don't respond right a way. and this is not really particular device (or at least doesn't look like it) but some of the devices take long time to turn on/off (or never do) and once I rescan or in some cases optimize the network they start responding fast and they do for a while... but some other devices start not responding... not sure if calling all the devices on daily basis will help get them current and connected to network at all times? and if so, how can I call them on daily basis? is optimizing doing the job? sometimes when optimizing I just get the message that device is not available and it bypass it

Comment

Only battery powered devices should be skipped during an optimize. Are non-battery powered nodes being skipped as well? There could be other issues such as too much zwave traffic. How often are you polling your devices? You can get info from the http://www.xxx.yyy.zzz/ZWaveConfig page on your HS system and also turn on additional logging. When you run into these issues what does the HS log show? What kind of zwave controller do you have and is the firmware up to date? What version of HS are you running and which version of the zwave plugin?

Cheers
        Al
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
        X