How can I direct hs.speak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I direct hs.speak

I am using various Android tablets as speaker clients for my system (via tasker)
    For whatever reason hs.speak or a event action speak something does not result in any spoken output. (only very occasionally it does)
    If I address a specific device an a event via control device - tasker device - send text to speech that works.
    That is fine for 'normal' text to speech commands. But for some commands it doesn't work, for example
    &hs.speak("The current temperature is " & hs.devicevalueex(14) & " degrees")
    I cannot replicate this via text to speech. And sent as above in a script does not work either. (I can see the speak action in the logs, but its just not being executed by the tablets).
    So I need to send this to a specific client, which also makes it possible to direct it to a specific tablet.
    I have no speaker clients defined in my system. I have a standalone Windows 10 system running HS3, with no speakers

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
    I am using various Android tablets as speaker clients for my system (via tasker)
    For whatever reason hs.speak or a event action speak something does not result in any spoken output. (only very occasionally it does)
    If I address a specific device an a event via control device - tasker device - send text to speech that works.
    That is fine for 'normal' text to speech commands. But for some commands it doesn't work, for example
    &hs.speak("The current temperature is " & hs.devicevalueex(14) & " degrees")
    I cannot replicate this via text to speech. And sent as above in a script does not work either. (I can see the speak action in the logs, but its just not being executed by the tablets).
    So I need to send this to a specific client, which also makes it possible to direct it to a specific tablet.
    I have no speaker clients defined in my system. I have a standalone Windows 10 system running HS3, with no speakers
    Hi, have you enable tasker client as speaker client? Also test to acivate/disable speech Proxy.
    Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
    --
    Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
    Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

My Androids are enabled as speaker clients. When I send a tts to the via event send text to speech it works.
      I dont know where to enable or disable speech proxy but I'll do a search

I did a search, I do not have that speech proxy button in the tasker setup. So that might explain the problems ?
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
        My Androids are enabled as speaker clients. When I send a tts to the via event send text to speech it works.
        I dont know where to enable or disable speech proxy but I'll do a search

I did a search, I do not have that speech proxy button in the tasker setup. So that might explain the problems ?
        Ok, have you tried the beta version if it's works better?
        You can also try to test SpeechProxy=1 or SpeechProxy=0 in tl_tasker_settings.ini under settings
        Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
        --
        Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
        Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Ok the spech proxy was set to 1, I have set it to 0, then tested again. I have then seen another reason why I had no sound, in the autoremote toast I have seen it is being sent as media stream, and media was muted on my tablets.After turning on the media volume, I have the hs.speak on all Androids. So thats better than before but I only want it sent to 1 specific tablet. Also can I change the stream from media to notification ?

Comment

Working...
          X