Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS3 can no longer run .vbs scripts - Fixed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 can no longer run .vbs scripts - Fixed!

My HS3 system was been running for many months. Yesterday, HS3 crashed and I restarted it. After restarting, it logs the following error when trying to run any .vbs script.

Running script, script run or compile error in file: C:/Program Files/HomeSeer HS3/scripts/testvbs.vbs0: in line 0 More info: The server threw an exception. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010105 (RPC_E_SERVERFAULT))

The script is:

sub main
    hs.writelog "debug", "testing"
    end sub

I rebooted the system and the problem is still present.

.vb scripts run perfectly with no errors.

What happens if you put
    &hs.writelog "debug", "testing"
    in an immediate script event action?
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I tried it here and works fine.

Do you have a 0 at the end of the script name as shown by the error?:

C:/Program Files/HomeSeer HS3/scripts/testvbs.vbs0
      Jon

Comment

Does not work in immediate mode

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
        What happens if you put
        &hs.writelog "debug", "testing"
        in an immediate script event action?
        It does not work there either

The log entry is: (latest entry is at the top)

Jul-18 1:49:04 PM Error Running script(2) &hs.writelog "debug", "testing", init error: Syntax error
        Jul-18 1:49:04 PM Event Running script statement immediately: &hs.writelog "debug", "testing"
        Jul-18 1:49:04 PM Event Event Trigger "Manual testvbs-immediate"
        Jul-18 1:49:04 PM Event Event Manual testvbs-immediate triggered by the event page 'Run' button.

I am not sure where the "(2)" came from

Comment

more info

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
          I tried it here and works fine.

Do you have a 0 at the end of the script name as shown by the error?:

C:/Program Files/HomeSeer HS3/scripts/testvbs.vbs0
          Jon,

I do not have the "0" at the end of the script.

Here is a more complete log entry (latest at the top)

Jul-18 10:48:00 AM Error Running script, script run or compile error in file: C:/Program Files/HomeSeer HS3/scripts/testvbs.vbs0: in line 0 More info: The server threw an exception. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010105 (RPC_E_SERVERFAULT))
          Jul-18 10:48:00 AM Event Running script in background: C:/Program Files/HomeSeer HS3/scripts/testvbs.vbs
          Jul-18 10:48:00 AM Event Event Trigger "Manual testvbs"
          Jul-18 10:48:00 AM Event Event Manual testvbs triggered by the event page 'Run' button.

Comment

Are you running any anti-virus software on this HS server? Many AV packages are now starting to block .vbs files due to the ability to run .exes from within the .vbs files.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I'm wondering if a file was corrupted in your crash. Specifically, the Interop.MSScriptControl.dll file (in the Bin folder).
              Rupp, Jon00, Do you know what HS3 uses that dll for?
              Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by jimbell View Post
                HS3 crashed and I restarted it.
                Did you restart just HS3, or the whole system? If just HS3, you may want to try rebooting.

Cheers
                Al
                HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Al,
                  From the first post, it sounds like he tried rebooting, too.

jimbell,
                  Have you considered trying to run a repair on the HS3 install?

Comment

Al,
                    Hi Mike, you're right, I missed that part.

Cheers
                    Al
                    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

No antivirus

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                      Are you running any anti-virus software on this HS server? Many AV packages are now starting to block .vbs files due to the ability to run .exes from within the .vbs files.
                      I don't have antivirus running. Actually, this is a dedicated server running Windows 7 and HS3. I have updates turned off and no antivirus.

Comment

Have not tried repair

Al,

jimbell,
                        Have you considered trying to run a repair on the HS3 install?
                        I have rebooted the system several times. How do I run the repair? Is it specific to HS3?

Comment

Originally posted by jimbell View Post
                          How do I run the repair? Is it specific to HS3?
                          From Control Panel / Programs and Features. When you click on Homeseer HS3 you should see Uninstall, Change and Repair as options.

I've never run a repair on HS3, but have had success with other programs.
                          I'd back up the HS directory first, just for peace of mind - and to avoid the Oh Sh...t outcome.

Comment

I'm wondering if a file was corrupted in your crash. Specifically, the Interop.MSScriptControl.dll file (in the Bin folder).
                            Rupp, Jon00, Do you know what HS3 uses that dll for?
                            Yes, that is the correct dll to run VBS scripts. Mine is 15K with a modified date 14th Feb 2014
                            Jon

Comment

We are back in business

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                              Yes, that is the correct dll to run VBS scripts. Mine is 15K with a modified date 14th Feb 2014
                              I installed the beta version v3.0.0.291 and all is well. I am pretty sure that it was not the new version that fixed it directly, but the install replaced whatever defective file(s) that were originally there.
                              Thanks for all the really great responses/postings to provide help.

Comment

Working...
                              X