Looking for shutdown script suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for shutdown script suggestion

So when my UPS hits a critical low level, I want the following actions to take place.

1 - shutdown my e-mail server
    2 - shutdown HS application
    3 - shutdown the server

I can do 1 and 2 via a script and by using the Restart plugin. However, can someone suggest how to shutdown the server AFTER HS is shut down?

Robert
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

I use BLShutdown. And it looks like you use Jeff's (CFGuy) has a restart plug-in. They are both under utilities and both are free. They will allow you to shutdown/restart HomeSeer or the server. I don't know what mechanism you would use to shutdown the server after HomeSeer shutdown without telling one of those utilities to shutdown the server (they shutdown HS first).
    Randy Prade
    Aurora, CO
    Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

Thanks Randy. I am using Jeff's Restart plugin. The question is how can I gracefully shutdown HomeSeer then the server? I can't run an event after HS is shutdown.... or does the shutdown server gracefully shutdown HS and perhaps this is a moot point

Robert
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
        Thanks Randy. I am using Jeff's Restart plugin. The question is how can I gracefully shutdown HomeSeer then the server? I can't run an event after HS is shutdown.... or does the shutdown server gracefully shutdown HS and perhaps this is a moot point

Robert
        I know Blade's and I am fairly sure Jeff's does a graceful shutdown of HomeSeer then the server. I use BLShutdown to do exactly what you are asking and also for events to do a restart of the server when certain log entries are detected.
        Randy Prade
        Aurora, CO
        Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

Working...
        X