Z-Wave Device Parameters & Scripting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gthensl View Post
    I have ran into the same problem and have narrowed it down to the nodeID(447) to convert to a byte. Of course, 447 is larger than a byte have have tried the same as you have, .toInt and received the same results.

Have you had any luck? Where is the 'Pluginfunction("zwave"....' documented at? I have search the help file and the web and haven't found anything yet.

Thanks
    Did you try what I had suggested to jvm in my previous post? What happens when you try that?

PluginFunction is documented here: https://help.homeseer.com/help/HS3/s...pluginfunction. However, each plugin does their own thing with that and the z-wave plugin does not have public documentation on the available functions. You can use visual studio to look at the functions within the plugin itself, but it's sparsely documented there as well.
    HS 3.0.0.548: 1976 Devices 1156 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 123 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Sparkman,

I have tried what you suggested .tobyte(2) (447), but that gave me an error also. Now I don't know what to do. I want to get my Dome siren working for different doorbells, but can't if I can't get that to work.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by gthensl View Post
        Sparkman,

I have tried what you suggested .tobyte(2) (447), but that gave me an error also. Now I don't know what to do. I want to get my Dome siren working for different doorbells, but can't if I can't get that to work.

Thanks
        Can you post the whole script command that you are trying to use? Just realized that you are talking about the node ID, not the value you are trying to set it to. There can be no z-wave node ID that is 447. Make sure you are using the z-wave node number, not the the HS device's reference number.
        HS 3.0.0.548: 1976 Devices 1156 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 123 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

That is what I was using the reference number.

Thank you for helping me. I am new to this scripting stuff. I am just a lowly PLC programmer.

Comment

Working...
          X