Change Timer Event Trigger Value via Script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change Timer Event Trigger Value via Script

I am new to scripting for HomeSeer and would like to know if it is possible to change a timer's trigger value in an event via script.

I have an event trigger as follows:

"IF Test's value becomes 15m, 0s"

"Test" is the name of a timer that I have.

I would like to be able to use a script to change the "15m, 0s" to a different amount of time.

From my studies it look like you can only script a hard time in an Event, but I thought I would throw the question out there to the scripting gurus.

Thanks,
    Dave

No you can't do it, the options to change things by script are minimal at best. The most or best you can do is run the event every minute and check whether or not the timer matches the time you wish for in a script.
    My Plugins:

Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
    Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

Comment

It might be possible to 'fake' it. If you create a trigger based on EasyTrigger comparison between two device values, and then compare the timer device value to the value of a virtual device that you set with your script. It's a bit indirect, and I haven't actually tried it, but. . .
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

Comment

Working...
      X