No announcement yet.

How do I stop / teminate a running Script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no control unfortunately. Because check_vcmd2.vb is also showing as running, I suspect you have something programmed in Jon00Alexa which is not running correctly; such as your own scripts. You may have to disable the triggers until you find the culprit.
    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
      I have no control unfortunately. Because check_vcmd2.vb is also showing as running, I suspect you have something programmed in Jon00Alexa which is not running correctly; such as your own scripts. You may have to disable the triggers until you find the culprit.
      I thought I was clear but maybe not. My script crashed with error. It was called by Jon00Alexa. But apparently when that happens your script doesn’t know that and it goes into an infinite wait until HS times out your Jon00Alexa.

When i was troubleshooting that - it requires me to either wait for that or to restart homeseer.

I was searching for help on this issue when I ran across your comment about scripts that should never timeout. Guess that doesn’t apply to this situation. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So to stop this happening you should put error handling in your function and provide a return when this happens.

Example:

Code:
        Function Test(ByVal Parm As Object)
        Try
        ' Your code here
        Catch
        End Try
        Return ""
        End Function
        If you do this, you won't have the issue.

Jon

Comment

Working...
        X