Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• open and read a file and parse strings

How do I open a file and parse strings.

I seem to remember doing this some time ago with an older version of HS but cant find anything in the current PDF doc that shows this.

I have a file from my weather station and want to grab all the data to use in HS3

Which Weather station?
    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
      Which Weather station?
      Davis Pro 2

Jon

I saw your script and was going to use the Sandaysoft but they dont have a USB set up. The darn PC wont see the drivers for the UART. I was then going to run it on the Pi and it works but I dont know how to make it work with the USB there either.

I already have the station Davis software creating a file and sending it to the Pi HS3 box.

Comment

Pete on this board runs CumulusMX on a Pi so it is possible. It may save you considerable time creating devices etc.
        Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
          Pete on this board runs CumulusMX on a Pi so it is possible. It may save you considerable time creating devices etc.
          Is his user name Pete or something else?

Didnt know to ask on here for running a Pi with the Sandaysoft. I did leave a message on that forum but no one has replied yet.

If I can read the file and parse strings it wont take long to do this however.

BUT I would much rather have everything on the Pi

Comment

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=178126
            Jon

Comment

Working...
            X