[script] Garage Door Monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[script] Garage Door Monitor

About a year ago, I had 2 sets of golf clubs stolen out of my garage because I forgot to put the door down. So I now have a sensor (using a Napco zone) to monitor the condition of the door as well as a universal module to control it.

This script is part of a multi-piece solution that I use to ensure my garage door is down when it obviously needs to be without risking closing it and locking me out of the house [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Basically, if you're home and the garage door has been open for 10 minutes, it will speak to notify you and ask if you want it to be closed, at which point you can use VR to respond yes or no. If you're away, it will call a specified number and do the same (this part is a little rough and may be buggy - esp. around timing and repeats to allow for rings and voice mail). If you're away and don't respond in 20 minutes, it will automatically close the garage door.

Also note that I have two sound cards and use an hs variable called "SpeakEx" to determine which one to speak out of - you'll probably want to replace speakex calls with simple speak commands (or create the speakex var in your startup.txt).

Requirements:
    <LI>Occupancy Sensing of (at least) Home/Away (I also have Vacation)
    <LI>HomeSeer Phone
    <LI>Garage door sensor (using powerflash and magnetic sensor or Napco zone sensor)
    <LI>Universal module (to control door)

Setup:
    <LI>Install sensor and universal module
    <LI>Create an event named "Monitor Garage Door" triggered by condition "Garage Door has been ON (open) for exactly 10 minutes" or such. This event will run the attached script.
    <LI>Create an event triggered by condition "Occupancy is OFF, Garage Door has been ON (open) for exactly 20 minutes" or so. This event should simply send the "ON" command to your universal module address.
    Attached Files
Working...
X