,ini format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

,ini format

I haven't made the .ini switch yet. It seems like a good idea and seems to be generally accepted as the way to go.

But everytime I look at the instructions, I get confused. It is probably pretty straight forward- but the instructions link to another script which then tells you to load another script....

I really don't want to load a bunch of scripts that I am not currently using just to get .ini to work.

The information is just too scattered.

I would be great if some simple "step by step" instruction with just the basic components of the .ini system could be posted. It would also be nice if the basic components were all in the same place.

Some instructions for coders would also be helpful.

Another question in regard to the .ini- it seems to use the Access .mdb format. Does Access need to be installed on the HS computer. I can install it but only if necessary.

Thanks
    DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
    BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Ditto,

I'm looking at adding this support to Phone_Action but also having some difficulty diciphering how it works.

G

Comment

Kudo's for Mike to go through and create an application that performs the INI Read and Ini Write functions, but isn't there a way of accessing the built in operating system INI functions? Wouldn't the Win32 functions be faster?
      HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Working...
      X