Problem with Running script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Running script

I have a Zee 2 and I'm encountering the following issue.

when I run this immediate script command it works...&hs.SetDeviceValueByRef(187,60, True)
    It sets device 187 to a value of 60 but...

If a run a script file that I have in /usr/local/HomeSeer/scripts/thermostat.vb with the following code in it

Sub Main(ByVal Parms As Object)

hs.SetDeviceValueByRef(187,60, True)

end sub

it does not update the device. This is what I see in the log. I am simply clicking the blue run button to run the event that triggers the script? Any Ideas?
    Dec-18 4:20:36 PM Warning Not running script since its already running: /usr/local/HomeSeer/scripts/thermostat.vb Single instance option enabled in event properties
    Dec-18 4:20:36 PM Event Running script in background: /usr/local/HomeSeer/scripts/thermostat.vb

Well the warning tells you exactly what the problem is. Another copy of the script is already running and you've told the system to only allow one copy at a time.

Comment

Not sure why, but you are right. I rebooted the pi and the problem is gone. Thanks!

Comment

It's odd that the script does not terminate though, as it's about as simple as it can get. Try restarting the Zee or HS and then run the script again twice in a row. Do you get the message the second time you run it?
        HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Yea, it was odd...but its acting as expected now..thanks for the help. Just out of curiosity is there a way to kill a running script without rebooting?

Comment

Killing and restarting HS should do it, rather than rebooting everything. I don't think there's any other way to kill a running script that HS started.
            HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
            X