Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mikee123
    replied
    It comes up as a trigger, see below. I did a few test events like that, and it seems to work
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• sparkman
    replied
    Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
    I have an event which sens me a message when a specific device goes into status unknown.
    Out of curiosity, how do you do that? I have looked at devices in the "Unknown" state before, and neither the status nor the text string shows anything about Unknown. Here's a test switch that is currently "Unknown" as it is disconnected, so all commands to it fail, but looking at the Advanced tab, nothing indicates that:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	101
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	1273499

Leave a comment:

• joegr
    replied
    So, make a copy of your current event and change the copy to send off the command instead of sending you a message.
    Take your original message sending event and change the trigger to where the trigger is if the device status is "unknown" for at least 30 seconds.

Leave a comment:

• Trying to create script to run after condition device state unknown

I have an event which sens me a message when a specific device goes into status unknown. That event then turns my zwave PI off then on again. What I would like to do is the following though, as sometimes it does not need restarting. Sometimes sending a command changes the device to that state, and is no longer status unknown.

If the device changes to status unknown, send a off command, wait a few seconds, send a on command. If after 30 seconds the status is still unknown, run another event (which is Jon00's plugin disable/enable)

I think I need a script to do that. I can trigger the script with a trigger 'when device changes to status unknown' but not sure how to go from there
Working...
X