Create script problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Create script problem

I am wanting to create a new script. The documentation says to click on the airplane icon to enable editing. When I create a new event and set manual trigger all I am alowed to do is choose an already created script or change the script to use.

How do I get to a blank page to start writing a new script? The event group shows the advanced editing enabled.

Thanks

This post may help: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...script-command. You can also create a script file with an external tool (Notepad, Editplus, etc.) and save it in the scripts folder. I never edit my scripts through the event.
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by nrdingle View Post
      ...When I create a new event and set manual trigger all I am alowed to do is choose an already created script or change the script to use.

How do I get to a blank page to start writing a new script? The event group shows the advanced editing enabled.

Thanks

When the box comes up to choose a script file, instead of clicking on one of the ones in the list, click on the box at the top with the file path displayed. Type in the name of a new (non-existing) script file that you want to use, after the path. It will create the new file and you can then edit it.

Comment

It's not very intuitive, but when you click the Edit button, you'll get the jQuery window to select a script. Just type the name of the new script at the top, then click Submit:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.png
Views:	117
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	1311201
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Working...
        X