Version 3.30 of tenScripting is Now Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Version 3.30 of tenScripting is Now Available

Version 3.30 of tenScripting is now available at: http://tenholder.net/tenWare2/tenScr...tallation.aspx

Changes:

Checks if there is a newer version available

Eliminated references to HsPhone

When HS Debug is turned ON, less info is written to the HS3 log

Added additional error checking

Eliminated extraneous files from the distribution package

Please post here if you have problems, questions, or suggestions.

tenholde
    tenholde

Hello tenholde-

Quick question... In my older version of tenscripting (3.22?) which I'm running on VS Express 2013, the vbproj has the following:
    Code:
    <NoWarn>41999,42016,42017,42018,42019,42020,42021,42022,42032,42036</NoWarn>
    Whereas in the 3.31 running on VS Community 2019 there is nothing in the <NoWarn> tag and it now has the following:
    Code:
    <WarningsAsErrors>42017,42018,42019,42020,42021,42022,42032,42036</WarningsAsErrors>
    If I read this correctly, we went from purposefully suppressing these errors to now explicitly enforcing them. What was the reason for the change? Is it from the tenscripting change or the VS change? (Yes, this has broken many of my admittedly poorly written scripts!)

Thanks for what you do for the community!

Cheers,
    Jon

Comment

It was a change to project settings based on board feedback, but I'm open to changing it back. Or, you can easily change it in your project. When I get home I'll post directions to modifying your project.

Are you getting errors or warnings?
      tenholde

Comment

Thanks for getting back so quickly... I was able to run tenScripting when I removed "42017," from the <WarningsAsErrors> tag, I was just wondering if it was advisable or not. When it's in the tag, I'm getting an Error for
        Code:
        BC42017 Late bound resolution; runtime errors could occur.
        tenScripting won't run with this error. I went ahead and put the 42017 back in the file since I can choose between the older and newer versions of tenScripting. I figure this will help me eventually clean up my code.

The bigger issue I'm having is with updating from HS 3.0.0.500 to 3.0.0.548. I'm getting log errors on compiling scripts, (on a ZeeS2). I've rebooted so many times today that I don't have a backup to restore to. So my options are to trudge through and make it work or reload HS 3.0.0.500 again. I'm trying to trudge through right now. Unfortunately, I can't get to the log because the system is hung right now. Once it comes back up I can post the error.

I know that there are times that things can work in tenScripting and then fail on the Zee. I was wondering if enforcing these warnings will help with that. We'll see when I can finally debug this thing.

Thanks again, -Jon

Comment

Ok, so it seems that HS3 was pitching a fit because my Sub parameters were Strings. I changed them Objects and I'm down to one error and the system isn't hanging on start. We'll call that a temporary victory. Anyhow, again thank you for your insight. I think I'll leave the Error messages in my tenScripting 3.31 to help clean up the code for the future. By the way, what happened to the log file that runs at the bottom of the tenScripting window?

Comment

I don't use tenScripting yet, but I do plan to try it. Why was HSPhone support removed?

Comment

Originally posted by B1Trash View Post
              By the way, what happened to the log file that runs at the bottom of the tenScripting window?
              At the bottom of the dialog there should be a tenScripting Log text and an OPEN button.
              tenholde

Comment

Originally posted by B1Trash View Post
                Ok, so it seems that HS3 was pitching a fit because my Sub parameters were Strings. I changed them Objects and I'm down to one error and the system isn't hanging on start.
                Have you looked at using Code Snippets distributed with tenScripting? There is one that inserts the entire script definition, including a properly formed SUB MAIN and code to separate multiple parameters from the command string.
                tenholde

Comment

Originally posted by joegr View Post
                  I don't use tenScripting yet, but I do plan to try it. Why was HSPhone support removed?
                  I have had ongoing problems with supporting a predefined HSP object, as HS keeps changing how they support it, or not support it, through ongoing HS3 releases. I would be glad to work with someone that actually uses HsPhone to test with me.
                  tenholde

Comment

Originally posted by tenholde View Post

At the bottom of the dialog there should be a tenScripting Log text and an OPEN button.
                    Ok, that works. I had to download tenHsEvents first.

Originally posted by tenholde View Post

Have you looked at using Code Snippets distributed with tenScripting? There is one that inserts the entire script definition, including a properly formed SUB MAIN and code to separate multiple parameters from the command string.
                    I have not. I saw that folder, but I didn't know what it was. I found a video, but can't watch it right now. I'm guessing that the video will get me up and running on what to do and how to use the code snippets.

Comment

Working...
                    X