Dim Type???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dim Type???

Hi. I'm trying to track down a bug in one of my scripts... I have one of my lights that I want to brighten from OFF to 33%. Right now it goes from Off to 100% and right back Off... Does the "Dim Type" value have anything to do with the problem? If so, what is the difference between "abolute" and "relative" - I'm assuming abolute is the light will brighten to whatever percentage I have and relative will brighten by whatever percentage I have.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Is the light connected to a hardware device that accepts direct dim?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Since the light responds correctly to dim commands issued in other scripts, I think it is safe to say the module can accept dim commands.

Comment

But what type of dim?

I think Rupp's question was whether your device supports "direct" dim.

There are at least three types of commands that can control dim level, depending on who makes your dimmers. The lower cost dimmers only support the original "incremental" dim command, and they can easily get out of sync with HomeSeer. If your dimmers support the the direct dim command, you have a more reliable mechanism at your disposal.

However, I can't help much with your scripts, as I am still running HomeSeer 1.6.150

Comment

Working...
        X