Wscript thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wscript thread

I have some stuff that worked fine in HS1.7, but for some reason doesn't work in HS2.1.75:

Set objShell = CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
    objShell.Run """" & hs.GetAppPath & "\Scripts\winamp_song_change.vbs" & """"

The winamp_song_change.vbs script never executes (I've put debug in it) and there's nothing in the Windows event log. Any suggestions to figure out what is wrong?

Steve

msgbox the getAppPath to see what it's returning and make sure it's what your expecting.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp,
      Your question made me realize that I didn't have the open and close parens after the hs.GetAppPath, so I changed that, but no luck. Anyway, the return is c:\program files\homeseer 2 as expected. Any other ideas?
      Steve

Comment

I would try using an event with an action of Run script and select the vbs script.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Problem solved (sort of)

Well, it turns out that my editor had claimed ownership for anything with a .VBS extension, so running something with a .VBS was just loading it into the editor. Since it was already in the editor, nothing happened. I fixed that, but now I can't get the HS object to have any context. I discovered the changes I need to make in the help files, so I may be OK. Thanks Rupp!

Steve

Comment

Working...
          X