Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Number of files counter

Hi All,
    I'm looking for a simple script that can count the number of files on a remote folder and put this a in device.

I hope there are good examples.

Thanks,
    Enver

Here is a try to give concept, but I' at kiosk so cannot check. It goes as event to run single line script. &hs.setdevicestring "a1", createobject("scripting.filesystemobject").getfolder("\\comp uter\c\folder").files.count

Comment

You could take a look at this script http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=128342. It counts the number of files in a directory and could be eaisly modified to post the number of files to a device.
      Billy

Comment

This is VB.NET

Code:
        Dim files As String()
        Dim numFiles as integer
        dim dir as string = "C:/"

try
        files = System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(dir, "*")
        catch e as exception
        msgbox("error=" & e.ToString())
        end try

numFiles = files.length - 1

Comment

Or as a one liner in a vb.net script
          Dim iFileCount As Integer = System.IO.Directory.GetFiles("c:\temp").Length
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks.
            This one works okay..
            I will test also the rest.

Idea is to count the number of voice mails on my answering machine (FritzBox)
            Playback will be later..I need first to convert the files.

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
            Here is a try to give concept, but I' at kiosk so cannot check. It goes as event to run single line script. &hs.setdevicestring "a1", createobject("scripting.filesystemobject").getfolder("\\comp uter\c\folder").files.count

Comment

Chak,
              If you don't want a script you add a "dimming" virtual Device to HS and an Event to count up(a "bright 1%" action in the event) if you can trigger the event when a VM comes in. The limit of course is 0 to 100 counts. To reset ("Dim 100%) or count down("Dim 1%).
              BobSpen

Comment

There is no option to count the VM
                I have to do it after every disconnect.

This I what I'm doing

For HSTouch
                &hs.setdevicestring "v99", createobject("scripting.filesystemobject").getfolder("V:\"). files.count

For Homeseer device view
                &hs.setdevicevalue "v99", createobject("scripting.filesystemobject").getfolder("V:\"). files.count

Can I combine them in one script?

Comment

Working...
                X