Run a HS script from an external program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Run a HS script from an external program

Is it possible to let an non-homeseer program start a script with homeseer2.

The caller ID software on my server can start an *.exe of choise, I would like it to activate a script I'm working on.

An other option is that the program I'm using can use Microsoft Agent to pop-up the caller ID.
    Maybe HS scripts can be triggered by this?

regards,
    Willem-Bram

I seem to recall there was a command-line tool that allowed you to interact with HS but I couldn't find it right away. I'll do a little searching and try to point you in the right direction.

Ken
    "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

OK, It looks like there is at least two ways to do it.

First, do a search for "hs2c.exe" which will allow you to talk to a local instance of HS2 meaning that you need to run the .exe on the HS2 machine.

A second method that is much more powerful (but not free) is the Script Connector Plugin written by Stipus. This tool would allow you to run the script and much more from any computer on your local network.

Hope this helps,
      Ken
      "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

If it's on the HomeSeer server you can use this code. Save this in a file named hs.vbs on your desktop and double click on it.

dim hsevent, hs1
        set hs = wscript.createobject("homeseer.application")

hs1=hs.sunrise
        'hs.triggerEvent "Name of Event"
        hs.launch("c:/windows/notepad.exe")
        msgbox "Sunrise is at " & hs1
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp's solution is simple and works perfect!

Thanks,
          Willem-Bram

Comment

Working...
          X