Sleep function in Script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sleep function in Script

I have a script I am working on and I need to issue a sleep command. I need to script to wait 100 milliseconds for a command to process before it continues (it is a loop of information I am sending to a com port, GC-100 to be exact). I have seen the hs.waitsecs function but it only seams to want to wait for whole seconds and I need the script to wait less than that. wscript shell has a sleep command but I can't seam to get homeseer to use the reference. I have not been scripting very long with HS so I may be missing something basic here. Any Help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Scott

Is it a .net script if so, system.threading.thread.sleep(millseconds)
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

From the HS help file under scripting:
      WaitMS

Purpose
      This function waits the number of specified milliseconds. The application still processes events, but will sleep so the script does not use all the CPU.
      Parameters
      Parameter: Millisecs
      Type: Integer
      Description: The number of milliseconds to wait.
      Returns
      None.
      Examples
      ' wait 2 seconds
      hsp.WaitMS 2000
      Best regards,
      -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
      Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Thanks. Thats what I needed.

Comment

I think you have to use system.threading.thread.sleep(millseconds), as the hsp wait only works if you have hs phone.

I went down this route, and ended up needing to use system.threading.thread.sleep(millseconds) ... but now I've changed my scripts to not need those, they are all event driven now...

--Dan
          Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

You can also use decimals within the hs.waitsecs scripting command i.e.

hs.waitsecs 0.1

This would provide 100mS delay.
            Jon

Comment

Jon,

I wish I had tried that ages ago..that's smart!

I just figured it would only take in INTs...being a C and ASM guy...I didn't remember VB is kind of non-denominational regarding variables...

--Dan
              Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
                Jon,

I wish I had tried that ages ago..that's smart!

I just figured it would only take in INTs...being a C and ASM guy...I didn't remember VB is kind of non-denominational regarding variables...

--Dan
                It used to be Integer only but was changed in the 2.1 development days.
                Jon

Comment

hs.waitsecs 0.1 worked great. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X