RunScriptEx?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RunScriptEx?

I have never used the new RunScript() or RunScriptEx(), but decided to try it out instead of RunEx(). I did a search of the board, and can only find some limited discussion, but nothing about HOW. I looked at the HS On-line help files, and it appears to still be the older version (which I have downloaded via the updater), and doesn't have those functions.

As best I can tell, these have been around since Feb/Mar-2010. Is there a prototype / help page somewhere?

Steve

My local homeseer has both in the help file. Look at {your hs ip}/webhelp/homeseer.htm and look at "Scripting Functions" at the Scripts section.
    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Originally posted by jasv View Post
      My local homeseer has both in the help file. Look at {your hs ip}/webhelp/homeseer.htm and look at "Scripting Functions" at the Scripts section.
      Ok James. Fess up! Where did you get this help file?!

Mine (dated Nov 10, 2009) is the same one as on the Homeseer site, and matches the updater. In my "Scripting Functions", under "For Scripts" I have Run, RunEx, IsScriptRunning, ScriptsRunning, GetScriptPath, WaitEvents, and WaitSecs. *NO* RunScript or RunScriptEx.

Are you saying there is a newer help file? Why isn't the Homeseer support page pointing to it?

I think maybe you are "special" and get treated nicer than the rest of us.

Steve

Comment

Sorry. Instead of "special" maybe I am a different kind of "special". I have the same things in my help as you do. I think I glossed over your "Script" part of the hs.RunScript.

I should have known you wouldn't be a question that was that simple to answer.
        James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Originally posted by jasv View Post
          Sorry. Instead of "special" maybe I am a different kind of "special". I have the same things in my help as you do. I think I glossed over your "Script" part of the hs.RunScript.

I should have known you wouldn't be a question that was that simple to answer.
          Ha! I'm not sure that is meant to be a compliment, but I think I'll take it that way!

Actually, I was hoping you were "special" in the way I meant.

Anyway, now I'm back to where I started. A search of "RunScriptEx" on the board finds a few where Rick is encouraging people to use it, but I have no idea what the arguments are. I'll hope someone else has some ideas / experience with the new two new methods.

Steve

Comment

I personally would not use it yet for a public script - not everyone has updated to 2.4
            Jon

Comment

Oh, I completely agree Jon. I was mostly wanting to mess with it on some of my self-inflicted scripts.

Steve

Comment

I converted my scripts a while back. As I recall, the arguments are the same as before. hs.run("scriptname") --> hs.runscript("scriptname")
                Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Wadenut,

I think you are mostly right, but I know the new methods must have some new arguments, hence the long argument over overloading vs. new signatures for the routines. I *THINK* the new methods had some sort of optional paramter that the old ones did not. It seems like it was something to do with script actions, but I can't remember.

Steve

Comment

Steve,

Look at this post - should help you: http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...98&postcount=1
                    Jon

Comment

Jon,

That's exactly what I was looking for! I don't know how I missed that when I was going through the search results, but I did. Thanks!

Steve

Comment

Working...
                      X