XML Script works with tenScripting, not HS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XML Script works with tenScripting, not HS

I am using XML to access data from a TED power monitor. I found the code fragments at: http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...7&postcount=36

My code is:

PHP Code:
    Dim oXML As MSXML2.DOMDocument CreateObject("Msxml.DOMDocument")

oXML.async False

If oXML.load("http://172.16.10.29:3080/api/LiveData.xml"Then
                Dim Solar_Power 
    As String oXML.selectSingleNode("/LiveData/Power/MTU3/PowerTDY").text
                Solar_PowerWH 
    CDec(Solar_Power)

' Note: currently all values are negative, but with upcoming release, consumption will be positive (Inverters using some current)
                ' 
    and generation negativeExclude values when no generation is going on.
                If 
    Solar_PowerWH 0 Then
                    Solar_PowerWH 
    = -Solar_PowerWH

Else

Solar_PowerWH 0
                End 
    If

hs.SetDeviceValue(virt_device_SolarPVGeneratedWhSolar_PowerWH)

hs.SetDeviceString(virt_device_SolarPVGeneratedWhCStr(Solar_PowerWH) & " Wh")

hs.SetDeviceLastChange(virt_device_SolarPVGeneratedWhCurrentUpdateDateTime)
            Else

LogIt_

"Your XML Document failed to load" _

" due the following error." _

" Error #: " oXML.parseError.errorCode ": " oXML.parseError.reason _

" Line #: " oXML.parseError.line _

" Line Position: " oXML.parseError.linepos _

" Position In File: " oXML.parseError.filepos _

" Source Text: " oXML.parseError.srcText _

" Document URL: " oXML.parseError.url)

Solar_PowerWH 0
            End 
    If

TraceIt(4"TED MTU Power Generated=" CStr(Solar_PowerWH)) 
    When I run it using tenScripting it runs fine. When I export it to HS Pro, I get the following error:
    Script compile error: Type 'MSXML2.DOMDocument' is not defined.on line 215
    I suspect I'm missing an Include or something that is different with the environments, but I haven't be able to track it down.

You need to add MSXML2 to the ScriptingReference item in the HS configuration file. See:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...46001&t=127177

tenholde
    tenholde

Comment

I've tried following those instructions and am still having problems:

Looked at tenScripting project References in VB Express and saw MSXML2 DLL as:
      C:\Users\Lakehouse\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\tenScripting\tenScripting\obj\Debug\Interop.MS XML2.dll

Copied Interop.MSXML2.dll into HomeSeer base directory.

Set settings.ini to:
      ScriptingReferences=MSXML2;Interop.MSXML2.dll

Getting error:
      Scripting runtime error: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. --->

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Interop.MSXML2, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its

dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.File name: 'Interop.MSXML2, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' at

scriptcode23.scriptcode23.CalculateDailySolarRadiation(Objec t Parms)WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.To enable assembly bind failure

logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.Note: There is some performance penalty associated with

assembly bind failure logging.To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog]. --- End of inner

exception stack trace --- at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes

methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig,

MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr,

Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj,

BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[]

parameters) at Scheduler.VsaScriptHost.Invoke(String ModuleName, String MethodName, Object[] Arguments)
      Have also tried scripting reference path DLL to point to original location. Same results.

Any ideas?

Comment

Could you zip up your tenScripting project and send it to me.

tenholde
        tenholde

Comment

I am far from a coding expert but is your code a mix of vbscript and .net? I thought the scripting references were for .net DLL's, when I have worked with XML in .net it does require the reference but I created the XML document using Dim xy As New XmlDocument and had Imports System.XML at the top of the script.

If you were using .net then the scriptingreferences entry I used was;

SriptingReferences=System.XML;System.XML.dll

For VBScript I used;

set objelec = CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")
          objelec.loadXML(data)
          Set objelec = objelec.selectSingleNode("msg/ch1/watts")
          hs.writelog "Test", objelec.text & " Watts"

And there was no need for any references IIRC.

Comment

The reference:

ScriptingReferences=MSXML2;Interop.MSXML2.dll

refers to an interop assembly that is created when you reference a non .net class from a .net program -- VS creates it and adds it to the VS project.

The code should be changed to reference a .net XML class (and then make sure that the .net XML dll is referenced by HS using ScriptingReferences.). Similar to your .net code.

tenholde
            tenholde

Comment

Working - thanks for the help

Thanks for the assistance. For the record, here is the vb.net program I ended up with:

Code:
              Set settings.ini to:[INDENT] ScriptingReferences=System.XML;System.XML.dll 
              [/INDENT]program.vb code fragment:[INDENT]Imports System.Xml

Try
                          Dim oXML As XmlDocument
                          oXML = New XmlDocument()
                          oXML.Load("http://172.16.10.29:3080/api/LiveData.xml")
                          Dim XMLnode As XmlNode = oXML.SelectSingleNode("/LiveData/Power/MTU3/PowerTDY")
                          SolarPVWh = CDec(XMLnode.InnerText)
                         ' Code doing what i want with SolarPVWh

Catch ex As Exception
                          'Error trapping
                          LogIt("Exception Caught while trying to retrieve TED /LiveData/Power/MTU3/PowerTDY ")
                          LogIt(ex.Message.ToString())
                      End Try
              [/INDENT]
              Editorial comment: It seems mixing vbscript code and vb.net code is a common error - examples in forum contain both and usually not identified in example. I realize the compatibility issue, but having one scripting language would make things alot easier.

Comment

Working...
              X