Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hs.sendemail error - Fixed!

I am getting the following error from a hs.sendemail command:

Sending email using SMTP: The specified protocol is unknown.

The command I am using is:

result = hs.sendemail ("simon@themasons.net", "homeseer@themasons.net", "Vacation Log", "Vacation Log Attached", "vacalog.txt"

I have checked my email settings and I think they are right. However, I wondered if anyone can shed light on the error message to help me narrow down where to look? Thanks

How about:

result = hs.sendemail ("simon@themasons.net", "homeseer@themasons.net", "Vacation Log", "Vacation Log Attached", "vacalog.txt")

(Missing end bracket)
    Jon

Comment

Try taking off the result =
      Also what email provider are you using?
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Sorry about the end parens/bracket. I do have that in my code just missed it when cutting and pasting into the forum. I tried without the result = and got the same error message. I have my own mail server running on my home network. I reset the password to make sure that was not the issue. I got a successful POP login message in the homeseer log. I tried changing the mail server address to the internal IP. I also tried telnet from the homeseer machine to the mail server and I can connect on port 25 and complete an EHLO command. ??

Comment

I think you need to put the absolute path for the attachment file.
          Jon

Comment

Bingo!

The reference to "absolute path" in the wiki should have been my clue!

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X