Snevl Weather Warnings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by simonmason View Post
    I am looking forward to it! I have stopped working on the old script in anticipation of your efforts. Here in the NY area the new weather warnings have been driving me insane recently. They are sending them out at a rate of two an hour and mostly with no changes at all. I wonder if there is a feedback mechanism to the weather service that we can use to inquire as to why they are doing this? Perhaps they don't realize what they are doing!
    They have a link right on the NWS page specifically for commenting on the warnings.

http://www.weather.gov/survey/nws-survey.php?code=atom

Maybe with a few comments on this they'd look into it.

Comment

where can I download the beta?

Steve's stuff is great; I'd like to give it a try.

Comment

Beta testing is pretty much done, and I think I will be posting v1.0 today.

Simon - I put in some de-duping logic that lets you pick what fields need to match, and for the warning messae itself, you can tell it to compare the first N characters. It will take some experimenting, but that should allow you to ignore new alerts that are almost the same as the old ones.

My only problem is that I haven't eally tested the de-dupe. You say you are in NY. Can you tell me what county you re in? I'll tell the script I live where you do instead of here in Colorado and see if I can de-dupe some.

The weather here and in Texas (where one of my Beta testers lives) was pretty bad early this week, so the script got lots of testng!

Steve

Comment

awesome.

THANKS

Comment

Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! really excited to use it, as said the programs are always great....
            danielbo

Comment

I am in Morris County - 07928 zip. Since I put the new script in on January 25th I have received over 165 warnings! I missed some in the middle when I was messing around with the script.

On a related note - how do I modify the buttons on my homeseer home page. I have about 4 weather buttons appearing there from when I have tried various other scripts in the past. These buttons do not appear in the setup screen so I am assuming they are just modifying the html code directly? Thanks.

Comment

V1.0 Posted

Ok guys, the game is afoot!

I've posted version 1.0 of Snevl_WW over in the Script Library sub-forum: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=147339

Let's move the discussion of it over to the Script Library discussion thread: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=147338

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by simonmason View Post
                  I am in Morris County - 07928 zip. Since I put the new script in on January 25th I have received over 165 warnings! I missed some in the middle when I was messing around with the script.

On a related note - how do I modify the buttons on my homeseer home page. I have about 4 weather buttons appearing there from when I have tried various other scripts in the past. These buttons do not appear in the setup screen so I am assuming they are just modifying the html code directly? Thanks.
                  Simon,

I didn't see this post until just now, so I didn't end up testing your area.

On the buttons: I'm not an expert, but my guess is that the packages you've installed did some modifications to the links.htm file in your html directory. If you take a look at it, it should be obvious what to remove.

For my stuff, I put it on the user to either add buttons if they want (via the HS setup, or Jon00's excellent Account Links package).

Steve

Comment

Simon,
                    See if this helps: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=115459

Chris

Comment

Working...
                    X