Start and/or stop plugin with script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Start and/or stop plugin with script

This is probably a simple one, but can someone give an example of starting and stopping a plugin via scripting?

thanks.

I don't think there currently is a way of doing this other than manually i'm afraid.

Comment

Can you explain what you are trying to do. Maybe it is something that can be done some other way rather than starting/stoping the plugin.
      Last edited by tpchristian; February 2, 2011, 07:34 PM.
      - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
      Web Site
      YouTube Channel

Comment

The Russound plugin opens the COM port when it initiates and keeps it open. I have another app that I also use to communicate with the Russound unit, so if Homeseer has the COM port tied up I cannot use it.

I want to start and stop the plugin only when I'm using Homeseer to control the hardware.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Two thoughts... I don't know which RS plugin you use. Maybe the author can provide a scripting command to release or enable the communications. The other thought is that there are some applications that will allow two applications to both connect to a com port. I use a program called VSPE (Virtual Serial Port Emulator) to use serial ports across the network. However, this also has the capability to create a virtual serial port for two programs to access it. (www.eterlogic.com) This issue here is going to be if the other application sending/receiving info to/from the serial port will mess the other one up. That I cannot answer.
          Last edited by tpchristian; February 2, 2011, 07:35 PM.
          - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
          Web Site
          YouTube Channel

Comment

Tom,

Thanks for the idea! I'm actually using VPSE on my homeseer machine to do IP to COM emulation already so that may work.

I appreciate your help.

Comment

Working...
            X