VS2010 Express, tenScripting 1.4.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VS2010 Express, tenScripting 1.4.4

Trying to run a script called Day_type and am getting the following error. Can anyone help?

tenScrpting Log:

Running day_type.Main
    >>>Exception
    >>>Method 'tenScripting MainForm.Main' not found
    day_type.Main.Finished

day_type was the script I was working on and finally had to export it to HomeSeer and debug it there.
    I now find that I get the same error on any of my Public Class scripts.

Well all of my scripts are in a file called HomeSeer. I did not add it to the project the correct way just copied it over. Went back and added
    it correctly and now it works.....
    Last edited by rhodesep; June 12, 2011, 08:42 PM. Reason: Solved

As per the instructions and FAQ page, you must have all of your script .vb files located within the project directory AND add the .vb file to the project. Here is how tenScripting works:

It scans for all .vb files within the project directory, excluding the .vb files that make up the tenScripting code. It needs these files to have access to the actual source code statements (for exporting, etc.).

It also scans memory for all loaded objects and their methods so that it can invoke these methods when you select the script to debug. Your .vb file must be added to the project so that VS loads it into memory when you start running tenScripting.

This is also why just removing a file from the project is not enough. You must also NOT have any extraneous .vb files in your project directory or you might end up with duplicate method definitions.

Don't hesitate to post further questions here or at: http://www.tenholder.net/tenWare2/Email.aspx

tenholde
    tenholde

Comment

Well I have another problem.

The attached file should show it all. Your support page has no way to post an attachment.
      Attached Files

Comment

Do you have a copy of the Squeezebox plugin available to the tenScripting project, and have your created a reference to it?

The FAQ located at http://www.tenholder.net/tenWare2/tenScripting/faq.aspx describes how to reference a plugin while debugging using tenScripting.

If you send me an email via the support page, I'll respond with my email so you can send attachments, etc. Do not want to post email addresses here.

tenholde
        tenholde

Comment

I have referenced what I think is the right plug-in. The file name is HSPI_SQUEEZEBOX.DLL.

I am using HSPRO and Win7 X64.

Comment

that seems like the correct file. Did you copy it to your project directory and build the reference to this local copy?

tenholde
            tenholde

Comment

I did not physically copy any of the reference files. They show up in \bin\debug with a network link. Homeseer.dll and schedule.dll are that way also. I will try to copy it over and let you know.

Attached another screen shot.
              Attached Files

Comment

Does your script run okay from the HS script directory?

Tenholde
                tenholde

Comment

Yes, as a matter of fact this is one of the examples included and loaded with the plug-in.

Comment

I did physically move the script to \bin\debug. Removed the old reference. Created a new reference to the newly added file. Results were the same.

Comment

Originally posted by rhodesep View Post
                      I did physically move the script to \bin\debug. Removed the old reference. Created a new reference to the newly added file. Results were the same.
                      I assume you mean you moved the plugin dll to \bin\debug ?

tenholder
                      tenholde

Comment

I moved a copy of the file.

Comment

I am at a loss to understand what might be happening. Could you try accessing one or more other plugins via tenScripting to try and rule out something specific with the Squeezebox plugin (the message seems to indicate that it is not marked as serializable, which is a requirement for HS plugins).

tenholde
                          tenholde

Comment

Works OK with UltraMon Plugin

I added small script to HomeSeer.vb Class File that used plugin UltraMon. Added Reference to HSPI_ULTRAMON.DLL. Script runs without error.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I'm wondering if it is an issue with the Squeezebox plugin. You might want to post in that forum -- specifically see if the author has marked the plugin dll as serializable.

tenholde
                              tenholde

Comment

Working...
                              X