No announcement yet.

VS2010 Express, tenScripting 1.4.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The scripts will runs on HomeSeer Machine. I don't know what "serializable" means. I will post there and see what comes up. Thanks

Comment

HomeSeer uses .net remoting (with some help from a third party package) to access HS objects outside of the HS environment, including across your network. The speaker.exe app makes use of this capability, as does tenScripting.

tenScripting must instantiate a local copy of the HomeSeer objects that you use when debugging remotely. tenScripting creates such an object and makes it available to you as the variable hs. You then create many other objects in your script via method calls using the hs object. This includes you creating a local copy of the object from a plugin such as Squeezebox.

For .net to make a local copy of an object and all of its properties available, it must be able to send all of this data back and forth across the network. In order to send all kinds of object data (images, binary, text, etc) it must convert all of this data to a serial format (xml, etc) that it can send across the network. This is called serializing the object. .net will check an object to make sure that it can be serialized before it attempts to instantiate it remotely. In order for this to succeed, the object must be marked as serializable by the developer. The HS SDK specifies that all plugins must be marked as serializable.

I've oversimplified this explanation as I am far from an expert on this stuff.

There may not be a problem at all with the squeezebox plugin -- it's just something to check out.

tenholde
      tenholde

Comment

I've received a support request from another user of tenScripting that received the same 'not serializable' error in referenceing the BLRADAR plugin from tenScripting.

He contacted the author, who promptly supplied a revised plugin that WAS marked serializable per the HomeSeer standard, and all is well with referencing BLRADAR from tenScripting.

This might be the solution for Squeezebox.

tenholde
        tenholde

Comment

Well I am just editing the squeezebox script manually.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=149241

Comment

Working...
          X