Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Device A or B ON causes C On.

Hello.

I have two devices, they are Z19 and Z20 which are essentially occupancy devices, which turn on when me and my wife and close to home. Since they are not through Doomotion though I am a little confused.

I have another device, which is Z66 which I want to make an overall occupancy virtual device, and use in my events to control motion sensors etc. Could someone help with a script that would turn on Z66 if devices Z19, and / or devices Z20 are set to on. And when they are both off, then the Z66 device would become off.

So the conditions would be either:

Z19 Is ON, but Z20 is OFF = Z66 ON
    Z19 Is ON, but Z20 is ON = Z66 ON
    Z19 Is OFF, but Z20 is ON = Z66 ON
    Z19 Is OFF, but Z20 is OFF = Z66 OFF

That way in my coding for motion detection, if Z66 Is ON, when motion detection can continue, however if Z66 is OFF, then don't motion detect.
    HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

I don't use scripting all that much for things like this. To my way of thinking it would be far easier to do it in 2 standard HomeSeer events. One event that turns the Z66 on using the conditions you laid out above and another for off.
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

I thought though that the event would be more of an AND event, rather than an AND / OR event, Turning the device off is easy, I have two events, each monitoring the different devices, and conditional on each other, so Event A monitors device A, and the trigger is the device turning off, with the condition being the other device being OFF. Then turn off house occupancy, however how do i get it to turn on the house occupancy, do I just have two events as well that say if device A is on, or Device B is on, then turn on Device C?
      HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Comment

Originally posted by travisdh View Post
        I thought though that the event would be more of an AND event, rather than an AND / OR event, Turning the device off is easy, I have two events, each monitoring the different devices, and conditional on each other, so Event A monitors device A, and the trigger is the device turning off, with the condition being the other device being OFF. Then turn off house occupancy, however how do i get it to turn on the house occupancy, do I just have two events as well that say if device A is on, or Device B is on, then turn on Device C?
        Below is an example screenshot. The action would be to turn on your device z66 that you can then use as your occupancy condition. You of course would use another event to turn off that device if both were off.
        Attached Files
        Marty
        ------
        XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2

Comment

Thanks for that, worked perfectly!

Comment

Glad it worked out.
            Marty
            ------

Comment

Working...
            X