socketsendtext.vb and hex codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

socketsendtext.vb and hex codes

i need to send data to a socket. just text works but it has to be a mixture of text and hexadecimal code. is this possible?

the data has to look like this: KEY(1e)103(1e)g(04)

the data inside the () has to be in hex. does anyone know how to do that?

I got no idea sorry, the usual way of sending commands in hex is &H1E etc and I think that script (I did'nt write it) sends it as a byte array so I think you would need to change the script itself as I don't think it would send correctly as a parameter unfortunately...

Comment

I wrote the script you are referencing, but haven't ever used it myself (a friend here on the board asked for it to interface HS to their media center). I haven't looked at it in a long time. I'll try and see what could be done this evening after work.

Steve

Comment

thank you, i do not have any idea of scripting. i hope you will find a solution or perhaps know a different way to send the data. it really would be cool if homeseer was able to handle this natively.

Comment

I sent you an email via the board. I think I can pretty easily adapt this to do what you want, but I had lots of questions that we can discuss in email.

Steve

Comment

I sent joesch a modified version of SocketSendText.vb that takes a string of hex values instead of characters. I've cleverly named it SocketSendHex.vb . My guess is this was a one-off, but if someone else has a use for such a script let me know and I'll post it over in the script library forum.

Steve

Comment

thanks a lot steve, everything works fine :-)

Comment

Working...
              X