Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to control a device from within a script?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to control a device from within a script?

I have a dry contact binary switch that I am using to do zone control in a heating system by comparing various temperatures.

I have all the control logic working in a script but can't turn the switch on and off inside the script (ie - works fine as an Action).

Here is a simple test script of just the on/off attempt:
    hs.WriteLog "Test", "Current device status is " & hs.DeviceStatus("q51")
    hs.SetDeviceStatus "q51", 3

where the first line logs a 2 if it is ON and a 3 if it is OFF, so I know I am talking to the right device. The second line seems to cause a log entry saying the device is being set to what it already is (regardless of being a 2 or a 3 or anything in the second line).

I'm sure I'm doing it wrong - how would a single status value of 4(DIM) for instance set a dim level??

Can someone please point me to an example of device control in a script, or explain how to do what I am trying to do above?

Thanks in nadvance,
    bob

To control the device, you would use hs.transmit "Q51","On"

Setting the device status is purely for HS's benefit - it doesnt actually control the device...
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
      To control the device, you would use hs.transmit "Q51","On"

Setting the device status is purely for HS's benefit - it doesnt actually control the device...
      Thanks! I had seen that command in the scripting section of the user's guide but all references are to x10 and I couldn't find anything similar as applies to Z Wave.

That command works in my script and opens a wide range of possibilities.

Thanks again,
      bob

Comment

yeah, I'm (finally) off X10 and I feel 'dirty' when I use "hs.execx10" in my scripts to control z-wave devices

Comment

All,

I am running into the same problem, except I am trying to control a Schlage Z-Wave lock. Hs.transmit and Hs.SetDeviceValue are not working. I have an open ticket with HomeSeer, however, if anyone has bene able to control a Z-Wave lock, I would very much appreciate your help!

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by lamanmi View Post
            All,

I am running into the same problem, except I am trying to control a Schlage Z-Wave lock. Hs.transmit and Hs.SetDeviceValue are not working. I have an open ticket with HomeSeer, however, if anyone has bene able to control a Z-Wave lock, I would very much appreciate your help!

Thanks!
            I have one and the way I do it from within a script is to first create 2 events: lockDoor and unlockDoor. Then, within your script, just use: hs.triggerEvent "lockDoor" or hs.triggerEvent "unlockDoor"

Comment

Working...
            X