Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with ASP page

Hi,

I have written some scripts to interface with this device: http://www.keene.co.uk/electronic/ke...%29/KIRAM.html

the device receives UDP packets and outputs them as IR, and for learning sends UDP packets for received IR.

My plan for using the device is as follows:-

Learning codes/ Code Storage

When learning codes I use a java application which is provided by the manufacturer to capture the ASCII string of the received IR code, the application has advanced features like code averaging and code tidy and conversion from pronto codes.
    I am storing the codes in an ini file for later use, to do this I first run a discovery script which makes the java app think the HS PC is a module and I then run an event in homeseer to receive a code to a user entered code location. I then send the ASCII string via the Java App (with a Description if required) to the HS PC where it is stored in the ini file.

Sending Codes

Once all required codes have been learned the send procedure is simply to retrieve the ASCII string from the INI file and send to whichever module you wish to send to.

What I would like to do is have an ASP page to use as an interface, with the ability to start discovery event, and learn ir codes with an input box for code number and description. and then another page for sending an ir code to a module which if possible could retrieve the description in the ini file and select which module etc.

Does anyone have a sample page with this sort of stuff included or an idea where I could get started.

Cabbage
Working...
X