update XML file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

update XML file?

Does anybody know if there's a script or possibility in HS2 to update a XML-file?
    I would like to add some XML-code in to an existing XML file when a script is run.

XML updating I find generally speaking to be a painful excercise. There are a few scripts I and others have posted on this board over years, also search for RSS as RSS and XML scripts may be interchangeable or easily modified to upload.

You need to learn or get an idea about XPath, there are a whole host of options available to you to update nodes/attributes in the System.XML namespace.

Comment

Great, thanks for pointing me in that direction. Time for me to explore Xpath and search for your posts, mrhappy :-)

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
        XML updating I find generally speaking to be a painful excercise. There are a few scripts I and others have posted on this board over years, also search for RSS as RSS and XML scripts may be interchangeable or easily modified to upload.

You need to learn or get an idea about XPath, there are a whole host of options available to you to update nodes/attributes in the System.XML namespace.
        Agreed, it was one of the most painful things I put together. I have created an XML parser, so I can scrape some weather information. It's not writing OUT, but might be helpful if you need it, I can try to post it.

I only wrote it, because I wanted to gather the SAME weather information that my HSTouch was using, so I took the "script" commands that HST uses, and now parse that information into virtual devices. Now all my systems match.

--Dan
        Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Once you understand XPath it's easy enough if you find an XSLWriter. I do a lot of XPath and XSL stuff. May be easier to read XML and transform to new SML with updated/new values using XSL

Dell Zino HD - HSPRo 2.x
          HSTouch - iPhone 3GS, 4S, iPad2 and iPad 3, 3xKindle Fire (Wall mounted)
          2 x Brultech ECM1240 with UltraECM
          USB UIRT
          Cooper Aspire Z-Wave Switches
          WGL800 w ACRF2 and 3xDS10a (Sump Level/Activity sensing)
          HM ST812-2 Flood Sensor
          HSM100 - Motion Detector with Light and Temperature
          2GIG Thermostat
          BLDSC - Alarm Plug-in
          BLUPS
          UltraLog (SQL2008)
          Jon00 Plugins
          Host XR3 BT and Jon00 BT Proximity
          Global Cache IP2IR
          Foscam FI8918W

Comment

Working...