Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

collection of sockets

Hello again,

I am looking across the internet at examples of clients and servers using .net and the sockets class. I have worked out with my project as I need to receive data without requesting it i need to work towards Asynchronous Client Socket connections but the format is sort of strange in that the plugin would be the client, connecting to multiple servers, that is the plugin makes a connection to multiple XBMC devices, each of which act as the server, and notify the 'clients' when various things have changed, the clients can then request more information.

Anyway, the example for communication i found was:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bbx2eya8.aspx

This example appears to work well for a single connection, but when you are trying to get multiple connections it looks like it will just fall over. My thought was that i could create a collection of sockets, then go from there and create one instance for each client, and when data is received i would have the IP address, and port and could lookup to work out which client the data came from and action it accordingly.

Anyway my question is, for those who have been doing a bit of VB.net, have you ever come across a code example of collections of sockets, I am not really sure where to start and would like to try and see some code examples to better understand it (but they don't appear to be very common).

Appreciate any thoughts, tips, suggestions etc.

Thanks
    HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube
Working...
X