No announcement yet.

Diagnosing "a script is taking too long - continue or end"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all of the responses. I have two types of scripts on my system - those that I wrote and those that I downloaded as part of add-ons from 3rd parties. In my scripts I am not doing any http,FTP type of work and I don't believe I am using any loops. I am thinking I introduced the issue with some of the third party scripts. I like the debug idea - I will try placing a start and end writelog in each script so I can see how long they are taking to execute. I might even test the time from start to end and perhaps flag that in the log if it is over a certain threshold - say 5 seconds or something.

I use MainLobby as well and it has a nice multi-level debug option. You can set the level through the main interface and then it applies to all functions and scripts - something for consideration in future Homeseer versions perhaps.

Comment

Originally posted by simonmason View Post
      something for consideration in future Homeseer versions perhaps.
      Actually, it might already be in there. Search the help for debug logging.
      The drawback is that this generates "literally" tons of output, and can take a lot of time to decypher. You're likely better off "writelog debugging" any suspected scripts, and logging events.
      Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Working...
      X