OK Strange error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK Strange error

06/07/2013 16:46:27 Error Running script, script run or compile error in file: Rain Value.txt430:Class doesn't support Automation: 'hs.setdevicevalue' in line 5 More info: Class doesn't support Automation: 'hs.setdevicevalue'
    so this is the script, what is wrong?

Code:
    Sub Main
    dim x

x=hs.DeviceString ("y8")
    hs.setdevicevalue "y8", x

End Sub
    sigpic
    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

HS2 or HS3?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      HS2 or HS3?
      Hm ok so now it is advisable to state version, I thought my Sig did that.

HS2 Pro
      sigpic
      A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

I just tried hs.SetDeviceValue "B2",66 and it worked. You need to make sure your value is a number. Maybe try adding something like:

x=cint(hs.DeviceString ("y8"))
        hs.SetDeviceValue "y8", x

Comment

I just tried hs.SetDeviceValue "B2",66 and it worked. You need to make sure your value is a number. Maybe try adding something like:

x=cint(hs.DeviceString ("y8"))
          hs.SetDeviceValue "y8", x
          Interesting as that script works perfectly in 5 other scripts!

I wonder if it is because the string is zero "0"
          sigpic

Comment

Good thought Rupp, opps error
            06/07/2013 19:23:26 Error Running script, script run or compile error in file: Rain Value.txt13:Type mismatch: 'cint' in line 3 More info: Type mismatch: 'cint'
            any other ideas
            sigpic

Comment

There must be more in the string than a number causing cint to fail. If this is the case you will have to parse the string and see what is a number and what is a character. In vb.net there are functions that can parse an int from a string.

Comment

There must be more in the string than a number causing cint to fail. If this is the case you will have to parse the string and see what is a number and what is a character. In vb.net there are functions that can parse an int from a string.
                Spot on Rupp, the string was actually something like "10 inches", solved problem by using
                Code:
                x=(left(hs.devicestring ("y8"),2))
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X