HS3, tenScripting, and LINUX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3, tenScripting, and LINUX

I'm beginning to learn about LINUX, with the intention to verify that tenScripting3 works okay with LINUX.

I am interested in the breadth of LINUX/HS3 users, and am looking for as many people as possible to help me with the learning curve, and to test tenScripting3 under LINUX.

A few questions:

(1) Has anyone tried connecting tenScripting3 with HS3 running under LINUX?

(2) Is anyone successfully running ANY plugin remotely connected to a LINUX HS3 system?

(3) Which LINUX distribution are you using?

Thanks,

tenholde
    tenholde

1. I have not tried using tenscripting3 on my system. I am intersted in beginning to learn to script within HS3.

2. I am not entirely sure what you mean but I host homebridge outside of my HS3 program on the same Linux system.

I am running HS3 standard build 3.0.0.258 on Raspbian Jessie lite V. 4.4 (which is a Debian redistribution). The system is hosted on a raspberry Pi 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tenholde View Post
      I'm beginning to learn about LINUX, with the intention to verify that tenScripting3 works okay with LINUX.

I am interested in the breadth of LINUX/HS3 users, and am looking for as many people as possible to help me with the learning curve, and to test tenScripting3 under LINUX.

A few questions:

(1) Has anyone tried connecting tenScripting3 with HS3 running under LINUX?

(2) Is anyone successfully running ANY plugin remotely connected to a LINUX HS3 system?

(3) Which LINUX distribution are you using?

Thanks,

tenholde
      1. Yes - I am currently using tenscripting3 with HS3 running under Linux (Zee S2V2 build - I have also leveraged tenscirpting with the ZeeS2V1 build and HS3 Standard with Ubuntu on Raspberry PI2)

2. Yes - I remotely connect to my Zee S2V2 using tenscripting3 from my Windows 10 desktop.

3. I am currently using the Debian Jessie build image (Build from the ZeeS2V2). Prior to that I was using the Debian Wheezy build image (ZeeS2V1) as packaged by HomeSeer for the HS3 image)

I just want to say thank you again for your tools (tenscripting3, tenscriptAid, tenDisplayHsDevices)- Your tools are a great, great help!

Comment

Thank you for your responses.

tenholde
        tenholde

Comment

Here is an interesting article on using file share between tenScripting3 and HS3 running on LINUX for the tenScripting Export function.

http://electricstring.net/tag/tenscripting/

tenholde
          tenholde

Comment

Working...
          X