Alarm Clock package

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alarm Clock package

I use this small package to wake me up in the X10 way, and am happy to share.

---------------
    edited jan 5 02: new version upload

[This message was edited by philipvh on Saturday, 05 January 2002 at 05:15 AM.]
    Attached Files

Corrected some mistakes. See readme.txt

Happy dreams!

Comment

I just took a quick peek at it, and it looks sweet!!!

I will try it tomorrow. It's 4 am here right now. If I get going on this tonight I will never go to sleep. There is always tomorrow! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Eric Trudeau
      | E-mail | HomeSeer Status |

Comment

Eric:

Maybe you need the "inverse function" i.e. to get you in bed rather than out ... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, I just uploaded a zip again with improved EnterTime script.

Comment

The code is not reentrant in that sense that they use (hard coded ... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img] ) virtual devices to store wake up times. The code is not very difficult as it is copy-and-paste of the same idea. You can extend on that.

You have two options:
          1) A no-brainer-but-dull one:
          - leave the EnterTime routine as-is, the special time will only apply to the parents clock.
          - edit the .asp with frontpage and add 2 columns for the wake-up times for each day (incl your kids).
          - Copy-and-paste all code blocks serviceing the cells, and rename "S4" into "T4", "U4", "V4"; "S5" into ...(etc.)
          - create 2 additional scripts "WakeUpKid1" and "WakeUpKid2" in which you replace "S<i>" by "T<i>" or "V<i>", and play the kiddy tunes rather than your heavy metal

The whole thing becomes rather bulky though and if you want to make a change you have to do this 7x3 times! So if you are courageous, you take track ...

2) create procedures rather than code sniplets that you copy and paste. The parameters become of course the modification you would do on the snipplets in the method above. It will take some more time to set up and debug but will result in better code. Also, you can extend into really multi-user pretty easily (in track (1) you hard-code the number of 3)

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
          X