New RCS TX15B Install - "No Response"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New RCS TX15B Install - "No Response"

Hoping for an obvious newbie error - I installed a 15B and get "No response from thermostat" in Homeseer. I can operate it using an X10 controller. I'm wondering if I somehow got sent a TX15 rather than the TX15B. Can anyone offer a suggestion? Can I test for two way capability? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

This is very common. A quick and dirty test would be to plug in an extention cord to the same outlet your CM11a is plugged into. Then plug in the TW?? (Can't remember what its called, the plug that your tstat is plugged into). Then try. This gets the signal on the same "wire" as the CM11A to see if its a signal strength problem.

-Rupp
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

I was moving along great until I installed a Tstat, this was what uncovered my wiring issues. I purchased a repeater/coupler and all was fine. When I used the ext cord I could control fine. Tstat is not something that you want to be working less than 100%

Mike

Comment

Rookie error on my part I think. I'll install the coupler just to be sure but finally got Homeseer to be able to poll. Can anyone tell me though why when I change it in Homeseer, it does not change the WDU? Is there a delay? For example, change fan to auto from manual, the indicator on the WDU does not change.

[This message was edited by jacw on Monday, 21 January 2002 at 11:39 AM.]

Comment

Go for the coupler / repeater. Not only does it repeat but it also intensifies the signal that is repeated.

-Rupp
          -Rupp
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X