controlling CDJ from homeseer scripts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

controlling CDJ from homeseer scripts

I would like to control my cd changer with my rf_remote script. It is already working well controlling winamp. I can do the basics through slinkeserv with a CD device via the following:

hs.sendir"CD,power_on"
    hs.sendir"CD,play" etc.

I have CDJ setup with all of my Sony CD changers cd's and some playlists. To control these playlists I'd like to be able to control a "CDJ" device. Homeseer is running on the same PC that is connected to my slink-e and has slinkeserv and CDJ.

I've read HS and CDJ communicating! but I find it confusing. Seems weird to be using ezlearn etc. Does someone have a CDJ.cde file they could provide with all of the available CDJ functions? Once you have that what do you have to do in CDJ to make it work?

want to be able to do things like:
    hs.sendir"CDJ, start_cdj"
    hs.sendir"CDJ, exit_cdj"
    hs.sendir"CDJ, playlist_load[c:\playlists\party.pla]"

Can anyone expand on how to do this? I'm going the rfremote way since I don't have remote pcs like audreys around the house. I do however have many X10 rf remotes.

I am hesitating to switch to CDJ for my MP3s because my MP3 directory structure is MP3s\Artist\Artist - Title.mp3 without any album info.

Are there any scripts that can take that structure and import them into CDJ? Most of my Artist directories only contain a couple of songs. It is rare that I have a complete album hence me not using albums in my directory structure.

Thanks for any help,
    Paul

Take a look at Slink-e scripts. It describes how to do what you want.

The only reason that I set up the other method described is that using set SlinkX = CreateObject("Slinkx.SlinkxCtrl.1") causes HS and/or CDJ to crash for me )and some others) (BTW, has anyone ever figured out what cause the crash)
    DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
    BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

Thanks Robert,

I was aware of this "proper" method but would not like to base my setup on this due to the flakiness. I didn't see a solution mentioned anywhere in my browsings.

What method do the CDJ/TTF script users use?

So for the other method, do the contents of the cdj.cde file not really matter, just the instruction names themselves? Obviously no IR is actually taking place so the binary strings shouldn't matter right? I figure I can probably come up with a reasonable cdj.cde. I'll just have to look in the help file for all of the CDJ interface commands and put them in the CDJ.cde file. My big question is what do I have to do in CDJ to make it aware of these commands?

Thanks,
      Paul

Comment

Paul are you talking about the RFremote script that works with the MR26a or something else?

I did set up cdj control via homeseer using the slinkx control for the RFremote script and standard x10 remote controls. I might be able to help if that is the direction you are headed.

Comment

I have set up the IR device method to control CDJ via HomeSeer scripts. The contents of the IR file do not matter... these commands are never actually sent over the IR bus anyway. You will simply use this IR command set as "dummy" triggers to let CDJ know you want to execute a command (or group of commands) in the map file.

You only need to use EZlearn if you want to change the names associated with the IR command codes to make things easier to keep track of - e.g, if you want to change the name of the IR command code for fast forward "FF" to "Playrock".

In your CDJ map file, create a seperate mapping for each IR command you issue from your HS script:

Example :
          In the Homeseer script:
          hs.sendir "CDJ,playrock"

In the CDJ map file :
          CDJlayrock
          {cdjlaylist_stop
          cdjlaylist_mode[manual]
          cdj:search_mode[track]
          cdjlaylist_clear
          cdj:search[kw=rock]
          cdjlaylist_mode[random]
          cdjlaylist_pointer[top]
          cdjlaylist_play
          }

Check the link http://www.nirvis.com/user_submitted.htm then go down to the "MP3" links. There are two MP3 importer scripts that can be used to import your MP3's in their current directory structure into CDJ. Make sure you read the comments in the scripts carefully to ensure your directory structure matches what the script is expecting. I converted my MP3's into CDJ not too long ago using Rich Boykin's VBscript 'mp3process.vbs'. It takes a little bit of time to configure the script properly, but if you have a lot of MP3's to load into CDJ, his script will save you some time.

Hope this helps, and Good Luck !

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I was aware of this "proper" method but would not like to base my setup on this due to the flakiness. I didn't see a solution mentioned anywhere in my browsings.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Paul, I would give this method a try 1st. It is working well for several people. There really isn't too much to set up. Just creat a script using:

[CODE]set SlinkX = CreateObject("Slinkx.SlinkxCtrl.1")
            SlinkX.Connect
            SlinkX.AddDeviceText "cdj", "type=devtx", 1, 1, 0/CODE]

On the CDJ side the only thing that you have to do is make sure that the use SlinkServ option is checked.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>What method do the CDJ/TTF script users use? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

T2F uses a VB .exe program to do the communication directly. Other than making sure SlinkServ is used, there isn't anything to set up on the CDJ side. Of coarse make sure T2F is properlly installed with the .ini file.

You can try the CDJ controller which is part of the T2F config window to see if it is working ok.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>So for the other method, do the contents of the cdj.cde file not really matter, just the instruction names themselves? Obviously no IR is actually taking place so the binary strings shouldn't matter right? I figure I can probably come up with a reasonable cdj.cde. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Correct, with the IR SL0 method, the contents of the .cde file do not matter as long as the same file is installed in:

1) HomeSeer
            2) CDJ

and the CDJ map files references the device file. See Doug's map example above

I used a VCR.cde and just changed the names of the ir commands it make it easier to follow while coding.

This method has a big disavantage that each command has to be hard coded into the CDJ map file. I haven't looked at Ron's script to make a voice command for each CD in CDJ, but I strongly suspect that this method (IR SL0) will not work. The advantage is that I have found this method to be much more stable without HS crashes.

I would like to sort out the problem with the HS SlinkX = CreateObject("Slinkx.SlinkxCtrl.1")
            at some point. I suspect that it is from a conflict in the .ocx

I would be happy to send you a copy of my HS.cde and CDJ map files to get you started, or I can help you set up your own.

DSN

[This message was edited by DSteiNeuro on Thursday, 24 January 2002 at 03:50 PM.]
            DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
            BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

Working...
            X